July 26-30, 2010

Toups

• Members

Go GH with that 2.0--sort of shocked they are doing so well mid-summer with lame story but glad to see any show up. Y&R seems stuck and almost at a tipping point which will be bad for the entire line up. The writing has been poor, every bit as bad as ATWT. I thought maybe the poor quality of ATWT caused the network ax to fall; however, World must be Blooms ideal as to what makes for good story.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH got their 2.0's because of Franco, the baby kidnapping and Patrick cheating. Franco's story is coming to an end. Patrick will be confessing to his ONS soon (I actually like this Freaky Lisa story for them). Lucky finding the baby is a total rewrite of Jason finding baby Jake, but even that will be resolved fairly soon.

Now on to General Brenda. Or Brenda's Hospital. 24/7 Brenda Barrett.

• Members

I'm over this entire time slot thing! If this were the case, ABC and NBC would have bumped AMC and Days back one half hour. Also, Loving, City, PC, and Generations all would have done far better. I hear people say 2pm is the WORSE slot; however, ATWT did great at this time for years and ranked number 3 for 2007/8. I've heard people comment that 3pm is bad and that is why SB, Sunset Beach, and GL got the boot but GH has done well at during the same hour. Number one shows stay perched in first place mainly due to habit. ATWT was number one for 20 years and, during that time, there was some pretty bad writing yet the show held steady till 1979 when things finally crashed. Y&R is similiar in that both ATWT and Y&R have maintained huge leads for years by making characters household names and remaining focused--with all of the Y&R issues, focus is not yet one of them due to the heavy use of family tress and feuds. TV fans, especially soap, are creatures of habit. Also, even though Y&R has hit a rough patch, ALL of the other soaps are just as troubled. If quality mattered, CBS would have axed B&B last November as opposed to ATWT. If quality mattered, OLTL would have been in the top three during the middle to late 1980's. If quality mattered, Santa B would still be on air and a top three show. Hell, if quality mattered, EON, SFT, Capital, and (maybe) Passions would still be on tv.

Y&R could shift to 1:00 EST and the show would still be number one.

• Members

I'm sure toying with timeslot would hurt the show--it did damage to ATWT in the 1970's; but, even at 3pm, I'd bet Y&R still came in on top though probably at a 2.3 in house holds. I'm pretty sure a few markets have moved the show to 4 pm and I'd be curious to see the stats.

Please don't forget that both GH and GL came in at number 1 in the 1980's at the 3pm time slot and that, currently, GH is the highest-rated ABC soap in the same time slot. Again, if the Y&R time slot is so great why don't TPTB over at ABC and NBC move their shows back one half hour in the east. Such a move would add millions in ad dollars which Froms would be happy to collect.

• Members

For Online viewing in July, GH had almost 1 million unique viewers and AMC had 417K unique viewers, finishing 3rd and 7th respectively for ALL TV shows for the month. Also 3 soaps (Y&R, GH & DOOL) finished in the Top Ten in July for ALL TV shows for Total Streams.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/10/abc-com-is-the-no-1-online-broadcast-site-for-july-2010-taking-the-top-spot-for-the-7th-straight-month/59651

ABC.com is the No. 1 Online Broadcast Site for July 2010, Taking the Top Spot for the 7th Straight Month

ABC’s “The Bachelorette” is the No. 1 Program in Total Streams for the 2nd Month in a Row

Based on data as reported from Nielsen VideoCensus, ABC.com (3.7 million UVs) stood as the No. 1 online broadcast site for July 2010 in Unique Viewers. This the 7th month in a row (Jan ’10 – July ‘10) that the ABC website placed in the top position. ABC.com beat CBS Television by 6% (3.5 million UVs), NBC.com Network by 106% (1.8 million UVs), Fox Broadcasting by 131% (1.6 million UVs), and Cwtv.com by 1670% (209,000 UVs).

ABC.com was up in Unique Viewers over June ‘10 by 9% (3.7 million UVs vs. 3.4 million UVs).

Program Highlights – Unique Viewers (July ‘10)

For viewing of full episodes and short-form content, ABC.com placed 6 of the Top 10 spots during July ’10.

ABC.com’s Top 10 entries include: “The Bachelorette” (No. 2 – 1.059 million Unique Viewers), “General Hospital” (No. 3 – 973,000 UVs), “Wipeout” (No. 4 – 457,000 UVs), “The Gates” (No. 5 – 439,000 UVs), “All My Children” [/b](No. 7 – 417,000 UVs) and “Rookie Blue” (No. 8 – 407,000 UVs).

Program Highlights – Total Streams (July ‘10)

For Total Streams, ABC.com held 5 of the Top 10 shows in July ’10, with “The Bachelorette” standing as the No. 1 program for the 2nd month in a row.

ABC.com’s Top 10 entries in Total Streams include “The Bachelorette” (No. 1 – 22.0 million Total Streams), “General Hospital” (No. 4 – 9.7 million TS), “Rookie Blue” (No. 5 – 4.8 million TS), “The Gates” (No. 6 – 4.6 million TS) and “Wipeout” (No. 9 – 4.0 million TS).

Broadcast Network Websites – Unique Viewers (July ‘10)

Name Unique Viewers

No. 1 ABC.com 3.7 million

No. 2 CBS Television 3.5 million

No. 3 NBC.com Network 1.8 million

No. 4 Fox Broadcasting 1.6 million

No. 5 Cwtv.com 209,000

Top 10 Programs – Unique Viewers (July ‘10)

Program Net Unique Viewers

No. 1 Big Brother CBS 1.139 million

No. 2 The Bachelorette ABC 1.059 million

No. 3 General Hospital ABC 973,000

No. 4 Wipeout ABC 457,000

No. 5 The Gates ABC 439,000

No. 6 So You Think You Can Dance FOX 431,000

No. 7 All My Children ABC 417,000

No. 8 Rookie Blue ABC 407,000

No. 9 Late Show CBS 381,000

No.10 America’s Got Talent NBC 369,000

Top 10 Programs – Total Streams (July ‘10)

Program Net Total Streams

No. 1 The Bachelorette ABC 22.0 million

No. 2 Big Brother CBS 11.9 million

No. 3 Young and the Restless CBS 11.8 million

No. 4 General Hospital ABC 9.7 million

No. 5 Rookie Blue ABC 4.8 million

No. 6 The Gates ABC 4.6 million

No. 7 Days of Our Lives NBC 4.5 million

No. 8 America’s Got Talent NBC 4.3 million

No. 9 Wipeout ABC 4.0 million

No.10 Enterprise CBS 3.6 million

Archived