Y&R: Week of July 12 Discussion Thread

• Members

For some odd reason I can see her giving him instructions. Remember that movie with Tommy Davidson, Halle Berry, & the first Justus Ward on GH. I don't know the guy real name who played Justus Ward. But in this movie he was dating a lady who was giving him instructions on how to please her. CKLily reminds me of her.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The only recent thing I've seen Jess in, other than today's Mrs. Rogers yellow cardigan sweater with black shirt and pants was the red dress they put her in that made her look like the Kool-Aid guy's mom. Sad, sad. The outfit she wore when Jill and Katherine caked each other was great. It was flashy, but not too OTT, it was age appropriate and fabulous. Why do they feel the need to put our fair Jess in just anything?! :(

• Members

I'm all for giving helpful hints. :) With Lily, though, I suspect it is less "Baby, do that again" and more "Cayyyyyyyyyne! You're too heavy! And you're creasing my nightgown! Oh, wait, stop. Not in front of the puppy!"

• Members

And then we have Nelson Branco and some other soap journalists praising "The Stafford" for her earth-shattering acting moments. Get real, folks!

Nick/Phyllis is beyond repetitive and crap - worst of all: they're totally copying GH's Sonny/Carly when Tamara Braun played the part. HAAAATE!

• Members

Doesn't Darius already look like Neil's older brother?

I'd love to see Joseph on another soap. I still hate what they did to Justus on GH, and I still don't get the bizarre acting choices Monti Sharp made...

• Members

I could go for that. Would be icing on the cake if they brought Davetta on to play his daughter, but they'd probably job her to prop up CKLily

Nah he looks younger to me. He looks too young to be Lily's father and it doesnt help that he makes his voice deeper for this role bc it only makes him sound just as ridiculous as he looks in the role.

Speaking of Justus, I know he was too young for the role, but I liked M'fundo Morrison as Justus. Id love to see him back in daytime. He'd make a good Jamal (another lawyer) on AMC, although he might be too old. Maybe Terrence would be more appropriate.Or even a Malcolm recast here

mfundo.jpg

• Members

"I think Phyllis might be the only feminist character on a soap, ever." Really? Where has this chick been? I know the state of women on soaps is a sorry one right now (for some reason GH's Sam McCall leaps to mind), but hello, Julia on Santa Barbara? Lucinda on ATWT? Erica Kane could be argued to be a feminist. Even that pious old bat Maeve Ryan on Ryan's Hope was always bleating to her girls to stand up for themselves "for the love of Jesus, Mary and Joseph."

Archived