OLTL: Discussion for the week July 12

• Members

Wasn't their dad in a few episodes too? I remember scenes where they (I don't remember exactly who was dating who at the time) were down there for some big dinner.

Ugh, all of the awesome scenes of motherly bitchery we are being robbed of!!

And you KNOW Mrs. Williamson could read Dorian!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lisa/Dorian scenes would be made of golden awesome. Even now I wish Layla had Dorian there with her instead of Cris. She needs someone with balls. Lisa and Uncle Clay were perfect candidates to be folded into the show years ago and I know Malone wanted to do it but regimes changed and the rest is history.

• Members

I loved her Aunt Vivian, but after seeing some candid footage of Janet Hubert, I'm pretty sure she believes these scenes are real life.

Incidentally, just to clarify, putting Layla aside (she came later, I believe), the insipid Williamson two-day cameo brood of 2005 was not a Malone creation. At all. Malone was loooong gone by then. For my money, I deeply resented the patronizing tone of the Higley regime, introducing a score of African-American dayplayers - several played by serious character actors, such as Obba Babatunde - to do nothing but prop up Michael Easton and REG for a couple days, while OLTL's longtime minority players got absolutely nothing, and still have virtually nothing.

• Members

Oh I forgot that was Obba. I do remember going all fantasy land and wishing this black family in MD had their own spinoff. -_- I'd of course settle for a fleshed out s/l on One Life. Obba and fellow Broadway star (and ex-Sheila) Valerie Pettiford play(ed? is it still on?) husband and wife on the sitcom Half & Half. I'd have taken Lisa and some hitherto unmentioned Williamson siblings and cousins over the Fords any day.

• Members

That's a bit Sophie's Choice for me. Or it's like another Meryl Streep film, Postcards From The Edge - on having Joan Crawford or Lana Turner as alternate parents; "these are the options?"

I can take family for Layla now. Back then, with R.J., et al languishing for years it was quite different.

Archived