OLTL: Discussion for the week July 12

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And this will probably work for a lot of fans, at least those who haven't stopped watching. The show has humiliated and degraded Markko for ages. I think the whole affair with Langston and Ford was supposed to always show Ford as the stud and Markko as the pathetic loser, with Langston just used to remind us of what a sexy bad boy Ford is. A lot of things, namely bad acting, bad writing, and lack of chemistry, tanked that, so now Ford gets attacked and gets a bad daddy in time for the pity points.

• Members

+2 I feel bad saying this, but what does it matter, the fans have no power :rolleyes: but I... sometimes I kinda think Cole would benefit from being recast. :ph34r: I only say that because the things that annoy me about the character are really about the actor, which is a tough call because all of the druggie/drunkard/juice mouth quirks really make who Cole is as I see him. I do not hate the character, but I am more often than not put off by him as played. I don't know, maybe I should appreciate him more, because say what you want about the kid, he is (imo) by no means a generic, wooden, young male soap actor, he definitely brings something unique. I'm not putting any value on "unique", just saying.

• Members

I liked how they had Langston shut Ford down while giving him that line to the effect of, "Even after everything I just said??" That was a nice little slice of life as people like Ford tend to think that they can sweet talk their way out of anything with women and get incredulous when they don't get their way, especially when they've been (hold your applause) "open and honest."

• Members

I figured that out in 2006. Are you just coming to this conclusion now?

I LOL'ed.

The thing about BB/Cole is that he was generic, wooden, young, etc. Now he looks like he's been in rehab a couple times too many, or perhaps has spent several years making his booze money as a guinea pig for medical testing labs or sleep deprivation experiments. But the thing is, that's not supposed to be Cole. That's just how the actor comes off. That's not what they write for. They don't write Cole for any actor, or with any discernible personality. They let the character coast because they know BB can't handle much.

• Members

:lol: I guess I'm slow to the take. Honestly, I have never given two shits about Cole, but recently I've found myself so annoyed by his speech (all started with "Hepushmuhmumdownastairse!! :angry: "), that now I'm utterly distracted and repelled by it yet paying even closer attention so I can, y'know, keep the hate fresh. It's terrible. I hear what you're saying in the rest of your post. There is something substance abusey about Cole's tics of today that would have been better employed during the character's detox period, and yet, with them there I have no problem believing the character had such a history.

Archived