networks know we mean business. We don't want another reality, game or

talk show

take the place of our soaps. Come join us on the Monday after the last

day of As

the World Turns in NYC. If you want to see what Save Our Soaps 2010 is

about go

to the below link and join us. The show's production may have ended

but there

still is a chance that someone could pick up the show.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118422788187977&ref=ts

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you mourning the loss of As the World Turns and Guiding Light? No.

Are you wanting to do something about it? Not remotely.

Are you concerned about the future of daytime? Nuh-unh.

Are you concerned that Soapnet is leaving the airwaves in 2012? Absolutely not.

Let's let these networks know we mean business. We don't want another reality, game or talk show take the place of our soaps. Come join us on the Monday after the last day of As the World Turns in NYC. If you want to see what Save Our Soaps 2010 is about go to the below link and join us. The show's production may have ended but there still is a chance that someone could pick up the show.

Have fun! Check out "Memphis" while you're there.

• Members

I think there was a better chance of a rally to "save the soaps" maybe 10 years ago when the sharp decline in audience just happened, but now, it's like trying to revive Terri Schiavo (which makes me think of that hilarious bit on Family Guy... so inappropriate, but oh so funny)

• Members

Once a show is canceled on a network, yes it won't be back on that network but there are plenty of new networks these days. Look at the facebook campaign for Betty White to host SNL. If there was no interest in that she wouldn't have hosted the show. There are several examples of show that are still on that were canceled. They are Law and Order Criminal Intent, and Friday Night Lights. What about Scrubs? It was canceled and came back. So the excuse that a network won't change its mind is not good enough. Acting is going to suffer if soaps are canceled. It also will hurt the New York City economy. This is a soap opera board. Why are you so hostile to soaps? Do you think that you won't get older some day and your opinion won't matter? How do you feel when you are 35 and no give a hoot about what you watch? I am sick of the discrimination against soaps. I am not an actor but I have watched soaps for years. Do you know that Alec Baldwin, Meg Ryan, Julianne Moore and Morgan Freeman are just a few of the talented stars that get there start on soaps. By the way, yes the FBI did visit our group leader but that was because Barbara Bloom who is head of CBS Daytime TV thought bars of Disney soap was anthrax. Even the FBI thought the complaint was stupid.

• Members
As long as they are replaced with fun talk shows, traditional game shows, and bitchy court arbitrators, bring it on!

New York doesn't give a damn about soaps or about any TV series for that matter. Hell, Bloomberg barely bat a lash when NBC canceled Law and Order one season shy of beating Gunsmoke so the show could head out to spinoff in L.A. But he's forgiven, at least he's not going to the opening of every McDonalds in town like that whore Villaraigosa.

And campaigns have rarely, if ever, worked in the past and in today's climate won't work now. Ask John/Marlena fans about their expensive bedding that Patch/Kayla ended up screwing on or those fans that sent in Astroglide to save the Lube romance(Brian/Luke on ATWT). Okay, I kid, I kid about the last one. But think about it...these suits in charge could give a damn about fans who don't have Nielsen boxes in their homes or that aren't 18-49 females. Period.

I respect that you want to do a "Save Our Soaps" rally, but these people don't care about you or any other soap fan. They are concerned about holding on to their "measley" jobs as long as possible until their show is canceled. They are gonna write what they want to write and project their hatred, misogyny, racism, homophobia, and sick view of the world onto you as a viewer no matter how many letters you write. That's not a genre I want to save. I prefer to remember the good times, watch the stuff I do like, and watch it all fall down like a house of playing cards.

The producers, writers, and even so called actors of these shows have taken their audience for granted in the last fifteen years. They assume we're all ignorant fishwives or completely devoid of rational thought. Why not be "hostile" towards them? They have literally dumbed everything down to a level that is even below the Teletubbies. I still watch soaps because I want to believe in the best this genre has to offer its viewers whether it's in acting, production, or writing. No one wants the genre to end, but no one wants it to continue if the people in charge of these shows don't care about them either or only care about them when putting together crap Emmy Reels.

Take a good look...soaps discriminate themselves by being bad parodies of themselves or pretending to be something that they are not.

And I'm a male who is over 18. If I'm not watching sports, SpikeTV, or G4, no one gives a sh*t about what I watch anyway. So what difference does it make?

Yeah. And Tara Reid and Susan Ward sadly also got their start on soaps too. A has been and a never was. What's the point? Actors will still have regional theatre, bit roles on primetime dramas, and web projects to audition for. Actors don't need soaps for jobs or for a launching point. And if an actor is in desperate need of a job, just find the Lord and get a real estate license like Lisa Peluso.

:blink:

Why would you send Teena Marie soap? :unsure: She looks clean to me.

• Members

Does these things even work, but good luck to you and whoever else joins you. As an New Yorker I am more concern with the closing of two hospitals than the cancellation of a soap for our economy.

Archived