June 21-25, 2010

Toups

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe Chloe/Daniel was a huge turn off to people. The show as a whole is boring as hell and none of the storylines are working out that great.

Alice's funeral got very minimum promotion, I think, but even big gatherings like that aren't guaranteed to bring in ratings anymore.

• Members

AMC continues to hold its own in total viewers (highest in total viewers of all ABC soaps, very close to Days), but sad that it fell in the demos. Can women 18-49 really prefer the tosh of GH? I hope it is just a matter of people not knowing what they are missing!

The all-Hubbard episode did quite well, considering it was a Friday -- the same as the rest of the week. Yay!

I'm actually surprised ATWT didn't sink further, and even picked up a little. It was so boring and painful to watch last week, hardly anyone to root for or care about, particularly near the end of the week. And you know I am a bit of a P&G apologist so it is not easy for me to say that. The one good thing about ATWT lately has been more Bob and Kim.

• Members

I kind of wonder how many would tune into a funeral to begin with. I guess some lapsed fans might have but even they might have preferred their memories of what was.

I wonder what happened on GH to make it go up.

It's interesting to say that AMC needs some moments besides going back to the traditional soap format. I do agree with that but I also feel like the stunts are what made people lose interest in the first place. I think consistency counts (consistently decent/good, I mean), then things might be able to happen which could surprise people. Like having Ryan devoured by Zombie Braden.

• Members

TOUPS, are you sure the Y&R increase in viewers # is correct :unsure: . I was expecting that number to be 230,000 not 23,000 seeing as MM is back and he is the reason why ratings will be going up by significant #s.

Can't wait to see what July sweeps brings this viewer.

• Members

ITA, I'm so glad the Friday ep held its own. As for the rest, AMC has made a lot of improvement but it still has a ton of work to do. I think this will be a rocky summer for them.

Fortunately OLTL continues to drop. Now they're getting spanked by Wayne Brady.

Archived