June 21-25, 2010

Toups

• Members

LOL!!! I agree with you 100%. Every time I see a post says Frons this Frons that, I keep asking myself who is feeding this junk to people. Though I think Frons interferes, I don't think he want to see any of his daytime products fail. What kind of manager would that make him?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah maybe the Brooke hater audience did return, but not enough to counter-act the Brooke fans who have had their fill of the character being torn down and degraded for the Forrester Twits that this latest storyline was the last straw. I have been done with B&B, since the boink, and haven't missed it one damn bit. My mom quit as well and I never thought that day would come. It is funny to look at the demos, B&B lost almost half its audience in the 12-18 group. I wouldn't be surprised if they were enjoying Oliver and Hope and B&B stupidly ruined that couple for a few minutes of shock and titillation.

Same with Y&R, can't be bothered to waste my time of day on it. Soaps are dead to me, RIP.

• Members

Well said. Advertisers buy upfront. Also, statistically, there is little difference between AMC and OLTL's numbers. Both are in trouble because they have lost audience in the 18-49 key demo. AMC appears to be making a creative recovery of sorts, but it is too soon to tell if that will last and if it will translate into the addition of more younger viewers. OLTL has a strong teen focus this summer, but its demo numbers need to rise significantly for it to separate tself from AMC. Finally, OLTL's last-place finish, even if it is total viewers, isn't pretty.

I agree with the previous psoter that Y&R is the only safe soap.

• Members

It pains me to see that 0.8 for AMC in the 18-49 demo. I love AMC right now and I am very entertained by the more traditional story telling. OLTL deserves the ratings its getting and I don't wish to see it canceled but I am glad it has dropped just to prove the "Gays" didn't drop the ratings to begin with.

• Members

If this is true he hasn't changed a thing. He keeps going in the same direction which is failing. He would admit he is wrong with the direction the shows are going in. All have lost viewers and all have not gained or gone up in the ratings. If he wants the shows to make it he better start making the changes that need to be made!

• Members

The reason why OLTL will be gone before AMC will is because of the year on year number. AMC has grown in the total viwers, Men, and Teens. Everyone's demos number are HORRIBLE. If everyone went by that every soap would be canceled except Y&R.

At this point networks are now looking at every category closely. OLTL always being last in Total Viewers and behind a canceld ATWT is not good for them.

• Members

Nobody is worried about teens, men, and old people. It's all about Women 18-49 and OLTL is ahead of AMC, and going by buisness instead of the show with "the bigger name", AMC should go first.

This argument has been discussed to death, whichever one goes first the other won't last that long afterwards.

• Members

I don't think that DAYS is going to revive the ratings this time, next week DAYS will fall because of tennis tournament, and there's a possibility that they will hit new low for HH next week. To be honest, I don't think changing head writers or producers can save the show, Tomlin/Dena/Christopher are the beast team.

• Members

DAYS hit a 1.7 during the Wimbledon week in 2008, but NBC coded the episodes as specials. So technically if they hit a 1.7 (which is the lowest I expect) it won't really be a new low.

And why can't DAYS revive the ratings? It is the summer, and for most of the spring they had all their stories stalling and not alot going on.

They have alot of secrets that can help the show big time. Chloe/Philip's one nighter, Who' the father of Chloe's baby, Hope being revealed as the mugger, EJ being behind the kidnapping, the stuff with Madeline/Stefano/Kate, Nicole framing Arianna.

• Members

To be honest, I think ABC will have a difficult descision to cancel OLTL or AMC. Both soaps ratings are at risk however, AMC total ratings are higher than OLTL this year but, ABC focused only on women 18-49 ratings and OLTL is higher than AMC in the demos. GH is safe and it's the last ABC soap to cancel. I think personally think that ABC should cancel OLTL AND!!! AMC but I don't want these two soaps to end.

Well, Alice's funeral is the most anticipating storyline this year and it didn't effect the ratings that well.

• Members

The current ATWT rise is very different from the GL situation. ATWT is putting out a better story and viewers are tuning in. I think Goutman was smart not to devote the final months totally to vet returns but instead just keep going with story. The show is up more than 100,000 viewers from last year to date which means fans have not given up on World and that the show has more life in it. GL was done by the final season and few fans could stand the outdoor filming. CBS wants cheap programming, the genre is basically finished; however, ATWT still has life in it. Too bad no other media outlet was willing to pick it up.

• Members

I agree that ATWT shouldn't have been cancelled, but they are only up so much in viewers over last year, because their numbers were HORRIBLE this time last year. I really don't think it means it's gaining an audience or anything.

• Members

I don't think bringing back vets would have hurt ratings. Considering that the ratings have gone up when vets like Barbara and Lucinda have been featured more than they have in a long time, perhaps they should have brought people back. If the choice is between a veteran and someone like Liberty, who seems more like she's about to get voted off Survivor than a cancer patient, I think people would rather see a vet.

Archived