ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I recall that it was really close... Tatum played the scenes of where Trisha was presumed dead (in actuality, she became amnesiac and coincidentally wandered straight into the arms of her obsessive ex, Jeff Hartman). Tatum physically resembled some kind of cross between CT's Gwenyth and Callan White's Ann.

CT came back a couple weeks later, but her stay was very brief... maybe another two weeks before Savage took over. I thought she was a pretty decent recast... a little more colorful in her performances - perhaps a bit "Rula Lenska" drag-queenish at times (I suppose that might only make sense to those who remember Rula Lenska!)... but always fun to watch.

• Members

Rula Lenska - thanks to Corrie she isn't quite as "who?" as she used to be. Here she is today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wstsEM2D4zc

I wish I could see Savage. It seems to me like she and James Horan made Clay and Gwyn very sexual, which none of the other actors in the roles ever did.

I didn't know Selena was on that long. I totally forgot about her. I wonder what had happened to Fay Hauser at this point.

• Members

Yeah I think Selena basically fulfilled the role of town cop throughout the the late 80s and just about all of the 90s. After Selena left she her role was essentially replace by that bumbling Detective Webber who was on the show for at least a decade until 2008 when we had that Gil Wallace character who had potential but got discarded in favor of first Chance then Ronan. wacko.png

• Members

Here is the Original Selena Fay Hauser in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSLYavq74t8

She did have a lot of spunk but after seeing old videos of Amy (played by Stephanie Williams) I liked her way more than Selena and i'm upset they choose not to keep her.

getting rid of Detective Gil is just plain rotten, I think everyone said to pair him with Olivia.... I guess its best that he is gone though then to be a part of Maria's "Black" storyline

I'd too take Gil any day over grandpa Chance, and School Yard bully Ronan and now poor Leslie seems to be replaced with The new playboy bunny Avery. wacko.png

• Members

Thanks. She reminds me a little of Valerie Pettiford.

It's embarrassing just how blatant they are in getting rid of black actors if they can replace them with a white actor. It's like they are making some sort of bold statement against tokenism without actually making any effort to write for black characters. It's pretty sad when 1966 GL is more progressive than you are.

• Members

I remember this well. It was during the story where Rick had shot Grant and Ridge took the blame to protect him. Sandra played the role when Brooke found out the truth which lessened the emotional impact, at least for me. I just couldn't connect with her as Brooke, and it was such a relief when KKL came back!