ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One look at that black and white outfit and picture hat, you can't help but happy.png that Joan Collins would someday play that role.

Who would you all say was the most celebrated temporary replacement? Any personal favorites? The one I've seen mentioned the most fondly over the years is Anna Stuart as Vanessa.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I'm not sure. I guess you could say a temp replacement who later became permanent, but they don't seem to work out that well (Graham Winton, whoever replaced Laura Malone on AW). Hayley Sparks seemed popular when she replaced Beth Ehlers on GL, to the point where there was talk of her permanently being in the role. Cynthia Watros got some publicity for pinch hitting for Jensen Buchanan on AW, and people seemed to enjoy the change.

Anna Stuart said she had no idea how to play Vanessa until she saw the clothes.

• Members

A very very good and very underrated temp replacement was Marc Wolf on GL, replacing Frank Beaty, with little prep, in extremely brutal scenes. He was seamless. I'm sorry he didn't get more work out of that.

I also really liked the temp Lyla on ATWT - she was good and yet not an Anne Sward clone.

• Members

That's funny, sometimes a visual aid like that really cinches it for an actor. I remember them promo'ing Watros as temp Vicky and that is highly unusual... matter fact, I'd go so far as to say that a temp replacement has never been "advertised" short of Joan Crawford.

I bet Marj Dusay was fun as Vivian.

Meanwhile, Lydia Bruce passed away just five days after Beverlee McKinsey for those of you who didn't know.

• Members

I'm sorry Lydia didn't have more work from that appearance. She's not Beverlee, but she's not trying to be. She still embodies the character, helped by good writing (today they'd never have ALex say she won't hurt her friends). She has a lot of charisma in her own way. It was fun to see her in this as I'd only seen her as Maggie.

I've always wondered if B&B did any promos internationally when Lane Davies filled in as Ridge, given how popular SB was overseas.

Who were your favorite temps?

• Members

I have not seen a soap do this in years aside from ATWT with Lisa and I suppose this was probably Goutman's way to stick it to Fulton considering the few scenes Lisa did per month.

I'm oddly excited to see ML do Kay on Y&R. I'm wondering if Cooper's health might be in greater danger than reported, and if this isn't MABs long term solution? I'm can't imagine Y&R without Kay; however, I equally can't imagine Kay without La Cooper but, I suppose, the show must go on. ML is a solid actress and it is nice to see her getting some work.

• Members

6 weeks? That's a good chunk of time.

I wonder if any of this is online - a fair amount of 1978 GH is.available.

Did ABC Daytime or GH have some ties to the people who did the Andy Griffith Show? Both Audrey and Jessie were temp recast with actresses from that and Gomer Pyle.