• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't think this was mentioned yet. A 1984 Capitol episode (not sure of the date) says Brenda is being played for the day by Shannon Terhune (??). Was Leslie Graves just out for a while or is this when she was gone for good? This girl seems a bit bimbo-ish. The clips I've seen of Leslie are tougher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxtOFjHtRkY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• Members

I think Shannon was just a temp, but I'm pretty sure Leslie didn't last much longer because Ashley Laurence soon assumes the role. I have a pic from SOW where it looks like Brenda and Wally ran away to get married or something, or maybe they're at Mark and Clarissa's wedding, I'm not sure, but Ashley Laurence is the Brenda in the pic.

Sam and Myrna gave Trey and Sloane this Georgetown townhouse as a wedding present so this episode can't be too long after their splashy on-location wedding at the Jefferson Memorial. Paula doesn't actually attend her daughter's wedding but can be seen skulking about the perimeter in shades and a trenchcoat. In the copy of the episode I have, someone has edited out the Paula portions seconds after they begin. sleep.png Leslie Graves is still in the role of Brenda at the wedding and is notably featured. I guess Brenda had a reputation as a bit of a [!@#$%^&*]-up and she's super nervous about carrying Sloane's train and falling on her face on those hard monument steps. Myrna is watching her like a hawk and says some smart remark to Sam about hoping she doesn't do something stupid or whatever.

Edited by SFK

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

A December 1989 Digest talks more about Marianne Tatum taking over as Gwyn. She had to fill in because Christine Tudor had a ruptured appendix.

I also read that Lydia Bruce was initially a temp replacement for Bethel Leslie, as Bethel went to make a film. Bethel chose not to return to The Doctors, as she saw the potential to revive her film career, and Lydia stayed.

• Members

I'm on my lunch break at work and dont have time to weed through all the posts, but thanks for whomever started this topic. I find it very interesting and a nice walk down memory lane. Here are some temporary replacements I remember:

Catherine Hickland subbed for Katherine Kelly Lang as Brooke on B&B. I forget if this when she was out on another maternity leave or if she was sick.

Sandra Ferguson (ex-Amanda, AW) also subbed for KKL on B&B as well.

Didn't Sarah Aldrich sub for Heather Tom in the role of Victoria on Y&R for a day or so?? I know that Aldrich was being considered as a recast for the role one of the time's Tom left, but I thought I remember seeing or hearing that she had actually stepped in to the role of Victoria for a day or so.