ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Members

No, but if you ever go to the Paley Center, don't make the mistake of selecting the episode of DOOL she's credited in. I was curious to see her Vivian too upon one visit but she isn't in the actual episode, her name just appears in the closing credits.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How random! I was watching a Quint/Nola clip and this woman I didn't quite recognize comes on. Henry calls her "Alex." It's Lydia Bruce! I knew she'd temped for Bev but never seen it myself.

Go to about 6:50.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Great find! What would we do without you? :) I think I'd resigned myself to never seeing this one. It's too bad the tape cut off the name announce. She did well for what it was. She's dressed very Alexis (ironic future unimplied).

Who the HELL is that creepy ass kid?? :blink:

• Members

I never thought I'd see it either. I guess if I went through all the 1984 episodes that are on Youtube I might have but I haven't had time/energy to do that. This must have been summer or early fall 1984.

The kid is some annoying brat named Jonathan, a computer genius who came to live with Nola and Quint. He didn't see himself as being a child, but an equal to Quint, which annoyed Nola, as he had no respect for her and she wanted him to go outside and play and have picnics and so on. Not a very good story (the kid also couldn't say his lines very well) but it had its moments (the clip before this has a cheesy Star Trek fantasy where Nola is dressed as a Klingon but looks more like one of the B-52s).

I know Beverlee also had a Southern drawl but for some reason Lydia's sounds more put-on.

I wonder if they should have cast her as Miss Sally the next year? I think she could have been great.

• Members

Thanks for the info! A lot of shows did the obnoxious child genius thing in the '80s. Even before Doogie. I agree that she seems like a good Miss Sally. She also reminds me of Marilyn Miglin.