Y&R Discussion for the week of June 21

• Members

Matilda probably came from the old Australian song Waltzing Matilda. That and the Cheech Marin movie Shrimp on the Barbie and Crocodile Dundee are probably about as far as MAB and company go with Australian culture.

Billy ignores his child almost all the time so he can whore around and smirk stale one-liners and puff out his chest. Then one or two days out of the year they feign interest in his relationship with Delia because they think viewers will be satisfied.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, no man can compare to Nick. I'm glad that Adam is doubting her sincerity and I would have been pissed off if he completely fell for it.

I assumed both names came from classic movies. At least Cane didn't name his kids Steve and Bindy.

• Members

I watched Wednesday's episode. That musical montage at the end was truly hysterical. I found myself snickering through the entire thing. Mr. Eddie "the best audition we've ever seen" Winslow at the chapel was one of the high points of laughter for me. The constipated look on his face, probably resulting from the actor desperately trying to show some emotion, gave me a good laugh. And then there was Jill discussing YET ANOTHER DNA test. How many of those tests has Y&R chalked up over the past couple of years LOL? I remember a few years back on AMC when McTavish had every other character requesting a DNA test. It's such a beyond-stale plot device, you'd think MAB, at least, would better.

• Members

Does it matter? Oh wait, yeah it does: this is actually the only good thing about this one hot mess storyline. Sharon Case is a godess.

I don't know what's worse: the murder mystery itself, Nick & Phyllis self-proclamation in crisis mode or MAB unbelievable infatution for Eric Braeden which brings us the most crappy-cheasy Victor moments EVER...

• Members

You say that every couple of weeks, SoapBoy. :P

And to me, just by reading spoilers and not watching more than a few scenes here and there, I've seen no change. The show is still as outlandish as ever. I cringed when I caught some scenes earlier on SoapNet with Victor and Jack interacting with some bad actors faking a foreign accent. This is not the Y&R I once knew.

Archived