B&B: June Discussion Thread

• Members

OK - so what did you think about today's ending... I didn't see it coming, that's for sure... I mean I thought of it was a joke and then - wow...

Do you think Brooke knew?? I mean - she walked up, whispered "I'm ready" and then wandered off with him, and - come on... shouldn't she be able to tell a young guy from Ridge who she's been with ten thousand times? AND they kept their masks on...

I think it'd be hard to just accidentally screw him in this case

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show has the dumbest men in the history of daytime (second only to the clods on YnR). I don't think it was Brooke - who is about a foot taller than Hope and about half a foot or so taller than Steffy. Still, Oliver should have been able to tell the difference between Hope and Brooke or Hope and Steffy. Of course he couldn't - BnB men never manage the simplest of tasks.

I wonder if Steffy's plan is to let Hope think her mother and boyfriend had sex together.

• Members

I kinda hope it was Brooke - just to shake things up a bit... Better than it being Steffy :P especially if it was an accident and she honestly thought it was Ridge and he honestly thought it was Hope - a little far fetched to be sure but interesting nonetheless.

Or Brooke did it on purpose... not out of malice but just a spur of the moment thing... wondering if she had it - or realizing part way through and still doing it... because she wanted some young guy... could be interesting, psychological and have a few layers.... but since this is B&B it's doubtful.

• Members

I will never complain about the writing on ATWT again.

Thank God Brooke's out of eggs, otherwise we'd have a bun in the oven (I guess...that was TIIC implied, right? I tuned out of the cliched rock video after about two seconds.)

GROSS. No offense to KKL, who is still gorgeous...but there's no way any man is going to mistake Brooke for her 18 year old daughter.

• Members

This was a total rip off of Spartacus, imo. I can't believe Steffy went this far. I'm kind of horrified at this story for some reason. I guess I have to give the show points for drama, but this just seems sort of evil by B&B standards.

• Members

Exactly what I said and I think the writers are going to let that nasty little toad enjoy every moment of the lie. i think steffy will let it roll until she finds out she's pregnant and have to confess the truth (my speculation, it's not a spoiler).

• Members

So Steffy wore the same necklace that Oliver gave Hope, that Brooke was also wearing... and the same dress that Brooke and Hope were wearing (it was a little contrived that they should wear the same clothes :rolleyes: ) and she's going to make Oliver think he slept with Brooke? But like - as soon as this sort of becomes an issue - if it comes up or he says anything to Hope (in guilt?) or talks to Brooke - she'd laugh in his face. If Oliver keeps it to himself and wonders if he slept with Brooke, where's the drama in that? One person hardly makes good drama, especially if it's written as mediocre as this one.

It's a bit far fetched, but, in the same way, Brooke wouldn't walk over to him and say "I'm Ready" either... and if she assumed that Oliver was Ridge (because I didn't catch this but my grandma said he had a jacket too?) If she assumed it was Ridge, why would she walk over there and say to her husband that she was ready? Hasn't she always been ready all these years? You say the word sex and Brooke's spread eagle... if they're trying to do a Hope/Oliver thing where she acts virginal then says I'm ready and Ridge roots her outside the highschool party, that's twisted in and of itself, and doesnt make any sense at all.

I think Brooke initially thinking it was Ridge (even if you discount the "I'm ready" part...) and finding out midway through that it wasn't... and I mean that would soon be apparent, whether by hair, by height, by experience, anything whatever... and going through with it anyway because she felt flattered by having a shot with a MUCH younger guy who happened to be her daughter's bf - that would be the most dramatic/interesting, and psychological... and, no matter how much anyone likes brooke - the most in-character for her.

If Steffy set it up to make Oliver think that - it's quite brilliant, and as someone mentioned totally evil... but where can it go from there? As soon as it got back to Brooke (and I imagine it would if he told Hope in guilt, or if Stephanie (Flannery) ever heard about it, she'd be knocking down Brooke's door to call her a slut for stealing another daughter's husband) Brooke would have no idea what was going on and be like wtf?

I still don't see how you accidentally sleep with the wrong person at a masquerade ball, and think it's someone else...mask or not, if all you have to go by is someone's face, then you don't know them that well. Screwing in the dark would basically make the person you're doing interchangeable because you couldn't tell the difference anyway. :P

It's late and I'm typing a lot, but I'm trying to get a handle on where the heck this is supposedly going. The set up/cliffhanger/WTF factor today was marvellous - as a ten second shock value thing. When you start to look into it, it's probably just another token of B&B's wasted potential and plot holes big enough to land a jet into.

• Members

Im confused as hell. They had sex? Oliver is pretty scrawny compared to Ridge. How could Brooke not tell that it wasnt him just by looking at his shape and vice versa for Oliver. I also think its pretty sleazy and slutty of Brooke to have sex outside while she's supposed to be chaperoning her teenage daughter's party. Just wait till Stephanie rips into her about that. I hope she's reached menopause

• Members

As someone else said he plot holes in this plot are epic, no matter who Oliver actually slept with. I think it was Brooke because that's what will cause the most drama. It will get Steffy what she really wants which is Brooke and Hope out of FC. They are making Oliver out to be so stupid here though. Does he really think Hope would want her first time to be outside with a mask on? Can he really not tell the difference between having sex with a virgin versus a woman who has given birth 4 times?

• Members

If I was Hope, Id be offended that he would think she'd want to have sex like that. How can 2 people accidentaly have sex? Alcohol or drugs would be the only way to explain such a mess but neither was drunk. i can imagine Brook telling Hope "sorry but I accidentally had sex with your bf" and Oliver saying the same about accidentally having sex with her mother. I thought they were done with these shock value storylines with Brooke. She is too old for this mess.

Its a shame that they downplayed Brooke sleeping with her other daughter's husband, which resulted in Hope's conception bc it would have at least strengthened this story. Instead they had it revealed and swept under the rug after 3 episods. They should have had Hope struggle with what Brooke did to Bridget for a while and even include Bridget in the revealation to help Hope deal with it. After doing so, then they could have proceeded with this nonsense

The woman was definetly blonde, unless Steffy was wearig a wig. I replayed those scenes and saw blonde hair. I think theres more of a story if it is Brooke. Steffy is predictable and its what you'd expect. Making it Brooke has larget implications as it also rocks her relationship with Ridge and restarts her feud with Stephanie (which they always seem to go back to)

• Members

Yeah. This is really only a story if it was Brooke. Not only will it restart the Brooke/Stephenie feud, but it will give Ridge a reason to divorce Brooke and leave Taylor at the altar again in a few months after she divorces Whip for him. Not to mention that this will turn what was supposed to be the best night of Hope's life into the absolute worst. Isn't that what Steffy promised would happen? Now Hope will never fully trust her mother or Oliver again.

If it was Steffy there really isn't much of a story. She had to trick Oliver into having sex with her. Hope might be pissed for a few weeks, but she's going to ultimately understand that it didn't mean anything. Plus Oliver would almost certainly resent Steffy for taking advantage of him. If it was Brooke though, this is just the opportunity Steffy has been waiting for.

ETA: Also, they made a point of having Ridge wear the same jacket as Oliver. I guess that could have been to psyche out the audience, but I don' think so.

• Members

I was also suspicious about Agnes who kept asking Nick about his relationship with Hope and his feelings for Brooke and if he loved her. I have a feeling that he will stand by her when Ridge turns on her and when he finds out Bridget cheated on him. It seemed as if Fridays show was about building up the next few months of story. I dont think all this stuff was laid out there for nothing

Archived