B&B: Winsor Harmon Dropped to Recurring

• Members

Winsor Harmon dropped to recurring status

One of The Bold and the Beautiful's longest-running veterans has been taken off contract. Winsor Harmon, who joined the cast in 1996, is now on recurring status. Harmon also appeared on All My Children.

After more than 13 years as a contract player on The Bold and the Beautiful, Winsor Harmon (Thorne Forrester) has been taken off contract. The actor will continue to appear on a recurring basis.

The status change may not surprise B&B viewers, many of whom have noted that Harmon hasn't been featured in a front burner storyline for several years. It also comes at a time when The Bold and the Beautiful is introducing several new members to its roster of 20somethings.

It should, however, be noted that B&B has had a history of taking actors off contract during periods of "non-use" only to elevate them back to contract status when a storyline was created for their characters. The status tweaking helps keep the show's budget in check.

Harmon joined the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful in December 1996 as the third actor to play Thorne. Clayton Norcross originated the role in 1987 and Jeff Trachta appeared just prior to Harmon assuming the role. Before landing on B&B, Harmon enjoyed a short run as Del Henry on ABC's All My Children

The Bold and the Beautiful does not comment on contracts.

http://www.soapcentral.com/bb/news/2010/0529-harmon.php

No surprise here, really. Seen it coming for a long time.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They have been wasting him for years. :(

And this MUST mean they are finally needing to cut their budget, and can't support a cast where half of them aren't being used.

I hope that next up is news on Kyle Lowder being fired.

• Members

what took them so long?

Recurring on B&B doesnt mean fired. It means, "we cant pay you right now" Look at how many times Drew Tyler Bell and Alley Mills have gone off and on contract over the last few years. They're still around

• Members

It's about time they did this. I'm it's because of SC and AF. Anyway, Send the character away -- it's not like Thorne's ever really mattered during the 23 years. It's too bad because it could've been a real rivalry when Honey Bear finally hands the baton.

• Members

I don't think this comment was meant to be racistic at all - TB is not too great an actor and his character has barely ties to the show - unlike Thorne/WInsor Harmon.

Never thought Brad would drop Winsor. Especially when he spent so many years on the bakcburner already...

• Members

LOL. I could care less about Texas Battle. The eyeroll wasn't for him, nor did it have anything to do with anything about race. Kind of offended that you would think I'd jump to that conclusion, but whatever.

I mean, I love all people. Even Australians.

Archived