"Secret Storm" memories.

• Members

It seems Secret Storm was replaced by a game show in Cincinnati for much of 1962.  A tv columnist provided this synopsis for viewers when it was about to resume in November.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by jam6242

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A May 73 article states that Jada was returning after a two year absence.

So Lynne was on May 71-May 73.

She then went back to GL as Leslie until she departed in June 76 (looks like her 3 year contract was up)

Can we get a definitive timeline for Jada's stints on Secret Storm?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

@FrenchFan

Amy Ames Rysdale Britton Kincaed.

.Beverly Lunsford...58-60                       

...June Carter...60                     

...Lynne Adams...71-73                                 

...Jada Rowland 54-74  (54-58; 60 or 61-67; 68-71; 73-74)

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Thanks 

So Jada was first off in 58. I have a feeling  Jada chose to leave as a person of that age might want to do.

She was back on 60/61 until Amy and Paul were dropped in 67.

At this point she went ATWT to play Susan Stewart. I think she continued in that role until Storm wanted her back in 68.

At the end of that contract she chose to leave again and then I think either she approached Storm to come back as Amy in 73 or they asked her to come back to boost the ratings as they faced cancellation.

If anyone knows more about her comings and goings, please let me (us) know.

Here's an amusing article from 71.

A Soapless Soap Opera Star By JOY DAANE

Dear Valerie Hill Ames Northcote; For about seven years I've been watching you on Secret Storm. I remember when you first arrived in Woodbridge as Mrs. Hill, a widow. Then you married Peter Ames and after he died, you became Mrs. Ian Northcote. Anyway, it just occurred to me that in all that time I've never seen you scrub a floor, wash a dish or dust the piano. By now you must have enough fuzzies under your bed to grow geraniums. For that matter, I've never seen you lolling around the house with your hair in curlers or sitting around without your girdle, watching TV. How come? Is it because you've learned that when your doorbell rings, it is NOT going to be a magazine salesman? And when the phone rings, it's NOT going to be somebody asking you to bring a cake to a PTA meeting?

It's going to be someone like the police, who called a while back to notify you that your stepdaughter, Amy, was seriously injured in an automobile accident in which Amy's friend, Mickey, was killed because he had forgotten to put snow tires on the car. As I recall, Amy was pursuing Corey (who was eloping with Deedee) to tell him he wasn't her long lost brother after all so it was O.K. for them to be in love with each other. Since all you were doing was sashaying around the house in your Chanel suit and diamond earrings, you were ready to dash off to the hospital immediately to sit with Amy until she regained consciousness. And last month when word came that Alan Dunbar (former husband of another stepdaughter, Susan) was not dead and had just been released from a concentration camp in Red China, you didn't have to change your dress or fix your hair. You were ready to begin meddling instantly.

Possibly another reason you don't do housework is that you're so busy mixing drinks. I've noticed that whenever somebody drops in with a problem which is like constantly you begin passing the drinks around. For instance, Frank Carver, whom Susan married when she thought Alan was dead instead of imprisoned, stopped in when Susan went to visit Alan in a West Coast hospital. Frank was frantic. He couldn't get in touch with Susan at her hotel because he wasn't aware she had registered under her previous name Mrs. Alan Dunbar, instead of her current name Mrs. Frank Carver. The reason she did that was because she thought Alan might telephone and the psychiatrist said she mustn't give Alan the bad news of her remarriage because he was suffering from malnutrition and drug withdrawal. So Frank stopped in to consult you, as does everybody else in Woodbridge, and you said, as you do to everybody, "Let me fix you a drink, dear, and we can talk about it." Which you did . . . for four days.

I've been giving the whole thing a lot of thought lately and have decided that your charm lies in the fact that because of the multitude of fascinating crises you face, you have no time for ordinary activities. That appeals to us household drudges who are too busy cleaning the stove for hanky panky. I think I've figured out how you manage to stay on top of things. During the commercials the doll with the sponge mop comes in and does your floors with that foamy stuff that cleans, waxes, polishes and disinfects all at once. And with the time she saves, she rinses out the highball glasses. 

• 1 month later...