• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

November 1967

Jeffrey Lynn JoinThe Secret Storm

Jeffrey Lynn, stage, screen and television actor, has joined the cast of "The Secret Storm," daytime drama series in color Monday through Friday at 2 p.m. on Channel 5. . Starting Thursday, Nov. 30, he will create the running role of Charles Clemens, a wealthy newspaper publisher, whose residence in' the fictional city of Woodbridge, N.Y., with his daughter and a mentally disturbed granddaughter.

Lynn is a native of Massachusetts and a graduate  of Bates College, Maine. - He began his showbusiness career at the famed Barter Theater in Virginia. Later he joined the legendary "stock company" at Warner ' Brothers Studio, where he made his mark in "Four Daughters," "The Fighting 69th;" "Yes, My Darling Daughter "Million - Dollar Baby" and many other films. ". During World .War II Lynn saw service with the Army Air Force in Africa, Italy and Austria. Honorably discharged with the rank of captain, he resumed his. film career, appearing in "A Letter to Three Wives," 'Up Front" and "Butterfield 8."" He has a leading role in the current "Tony Rome," starring Frank Sinatra. 

November 1969

Meet Jeffrey Lynn Soaps brought him back By STAN MAYS

Becausee thlngs were a little slow at the time flt e stream, and because he had an urge at the time to jointhe mainstream, actor Jeffrey Lynn, while riding the subway, became interested in a book about the real estate business. Lynn has made his share of mistakes ("In the early '50s I moved east when TV was moving west. I had no income from IV work. ) But he was to prove something to himself; he could do something else. He took the real estate test and became an agent. Ironically, since returning to California with his wife and children, to work with a firm in the San Fernando Valley, his acting career has picked up again. He gives thanks that his former agent is now in an executive post at Universal, and that he has an indulgent boss at the real estate firm. Between selling homes Lynn has worked in "The Outsider," "Ironside" and next will be seen in "Crisis," a doctors segment  of "The Bold Ones" for NBC-TV. He plays a heart patient who almost dies because of a revolutionary operation performed by a flamboyant doctor.

"I have to. credit a soap opera for bringing me back to TV," confesses Lynn, who, after acting in TV during the early aays, spent most of his time touring in summer stock and road shows like "Mary, Mary" and "Two for the Seesaw." "It was a great training ground for a year playing a newspaper publisher in 'Secret Storm.' " The thought brought to mind the luxury of time afforded actors working in movies years ago as opposed to TV's hurry-up pace. ' "I remember when we were making 'The Fighting 69th,' " he said. "We were all in a huge bomb crater facing the Ger mans. I was playing a green soldier in a scene with Humphrey Bogart. (He laughed, recalling how Jimmy Cagney nudged him, saying 'You'e on your own with Bogey, kid'). "Well, I supposedly get a young enemy soldier in my sights. But I can't shoot him. 'He can't be more than 16,' I say. Whereupon Bogey shoots him and mutters something. It didn't sound right. They tried another line, and that was no good. We sat around that pit an hour something you'd never do in TV while they worked on one line. They finally came up with one of Bogey's most memorable lines: 'He'll never be 17.' " Now in his late 50s, Lynn is grateful his career took the course it did: "When I was a kid in Rhode Island starting out in summer stock I asked an actor what my chances were. 'You won't starve,' he told me. And that was the only assurance I got." 

With Joan Crawford during her Secret Storm guest stint

October 1968 on 'Secret Storm' with Jeffrey Lynn.

• Members

A newspaper press release at the time mentions Dick Trask in the role of Jerry.

It also mentions the show being titled 'Bright Star' which then changed to 'The Storm Within' and then shortly before airing to 'The Secret Storm"

I think 'The Secret Storm' is the best of those three

THE SECRET STORM, DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES DEBUTS FEB. 1 The Secret Storm, new daytime serial, makes its debut Monday, Feb. 1 (CBS Television, Mon.-thru-Fri., 3:15-3:30 p.m.) (It was previously announced under the title The Bright Star). The series dramatizes the problems of an average family. Peter Hobbs plays Peter Ames, father of three children who are portrayed by Jean Mowry, as 18-year-old Susan; Dick Trask, as 14-year-old Jerry, and Jada Rowland as Amy, 10. Haila Stoddard, noted television, stage and radio actress, plays Pauline Harris, Peters sister-in-law. Russell Hicks, now featured on Broadway In The Caine Mutiny Court Martial, and Marjorie Gateson, former lead on One Mans Family, portray Mr. and Mrs. Tyrell, Peters in-laws. The program is supervised by Roy Winsor and produced by Richard Dunn. Gloria Monty, of CBS Television will direct.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

When is this from  - 1972?

We have Judy Lewis as Susan, Lynne Adams as Amy, David Ackroyd as Kevin, Robert Loggia as Frank.

Not sure about the woman with long dark hair, the guy in the mustard blazer or the man in check shirt and blue vest.

I'm sure one of you will know!

• Members

The actress with the long hair and the vest is Ellen Barber.   She replaced Audrey Landers as Belle's ward, Joanna Morrison Landers #2.

When I first saw the man with her (last night), I had thought that it was David Ackroid as Kevin.   However, that is wrong.

I cannot remember who this actor or character are.   I went back to see if this was Gary Sandy (Stace), but it is not he.   It is also not Robert Landers (played by Dan Hamilton).