"Secret Storm" memories.

14 minutes ago, FrenchFan said:

Secret Storm is really a soap I wish We could see more. Marla Adams seemed absolutely exquisite as Belle.

Marla Adams is always excellent. She was perfect for her role on TSS.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

@BillBauer, you're doing GREAT work bringing all of these back to YT!!

Thank you. I really appreciate that. I enjoyed making other fans happy by sharing my collection. Unfortunately, due to some nasty harassment, I had to make my collection private. I didn't want to share my really rare stuff with this person but you can't just block one person. There's always got to be that one person to ruin it for everybody and I shouldn't let nasty comments keep me from sharing but I decided to share originally to spread the joy and hear comments like yours, not snarky comments which was starting to happen. I hope that you were able to enjoy the collection while you could and were able to download as much as possible to enjoy for future use. Thanks again for the kind words!

38 minutes ago, BillBauer said:

Thank you. I really appreciate that. I enjoyed making other fans happy by sharing my collection. Unfortunately, due to some nasty harassment, I had to make my collection private. I didn't want to share my really rare stuff with this person but you can't just block one person. There's always got to be that one person to ruin it for everybody and I shouldn't let nasty comments keep me from sharing but I decided to share originally to spread the joy and hear comments like yours, not snarky comments which was starting to happen. I hope that you were able to enjoy the collection while you could and were able to download as much as possible to enjoy for future use. Thanks again for the kind words!

Not sure how to see the videos now

Please register in order to view this content
 really would love to see any Secret Storm.

1 hour ago, BillBauer said:

Hello there, I know from experience between copyrights and fans that go too far that uploading on youtube can get to be too much, but I think you should at least put them unlisted and make playlists for people to still be able to view like many others have done here in the past. Especially if it is just one person causing the problem. 

Edited by Days22
2 hours ago, BillBauer said:

I did notice that everything went away today. I was actually watching your GL ep from 6/01/79 while you were privatizing your videos. I hate it when those people ruin it for everyone because this is content that is so very hard to come across. Everyone should just be appreciative of your willingness to share.

2 hours ago, Days22 said:

Hello there, I know from experience between copyrights and fans that go too far that uploading on youtube can get to be too much, but I think you should at least put them unlisted and make playlists for people to still be able to view like many others have done here in the past. Especially if it is just one person causing the problem. 

Perhaps I will do something like that later after I cool off. Right now, the whole thing has been soured for me. I had a couple of playlists already on unlisted to share with people I know and like. I may do that with all of the videos although there's no certainty this person couldn't still access them if they get ahold of the link. Unfortunately there's not a "douchebag blocker". LOL. 

1 hour ago, All My Shadows said:

I did notice that everything went away today. I was actually watching your GL ep from 6/01/79 while you were privatizing your videos. I hate it when those people ruin it for everyone because this is content that is so very hard to come across. Everyone should just be appreciative of your willingness to share.

I truly am sorry about that and I appreciate your kind words. 

Edited by BillBauer
4 hours ago, BillBauer said:

Perhaps I will do something like that later after I cool off. Right now, the whole thing has been soured for me. I had a couple of playlists already on unlisted to share with people I know and like. I may do that with all of the videos although there's no certainty this person couldn't still access them if they get ahold of the link. Unfortunately there's not a "douchebag blocker". LOL. 

It's crazy the lengths we have to go to sometimes just to supply soap opera videos lol. Especially when some idiots interfere. There is someone who had to create a private twitter for Days of our Lives episodes just to keep one person away from the videos lol

2 hours ago, Days22 said:

It's crazy the lengths we have to go to sometimes just to supply soap opera videos lol. Especially when some idiots interfere. There is someone who had to create a private twitter for Days of our Lives episodes just to keep one person away from the videos lol

There are whiny, belligerent and mean-spirited fans of every genre who will happily cause trouble and ruin things for everyone else the minute they do not get their own way.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I was way too late to get in all this. Don't even really know, based on these cryptic comments, what exactly I missed.

Too bad.

Brent C.

• 2 months later...

Jerry Coffey Soap Opera Tells Secrets June 1972

This department’s recent New York visit turned up practically everything there is to know about soap opera except what fans are most interested in :whats going to happen next.

Despite intense grilling by scores of reporters, the producers. writers and cast members generally  held firm against revealing future plot developments.

Oddly enough the least secretive group was from “The Secret Storm” — perhaps because that serial is especially concerned with rebuilding its audience and its image. “Secret Storm” is one of the oldest daytime dramas — it’s in its 18th year on CBS — but recently the show has been undergoing rather drastic revisions designed says producer Joe Manetta to bring in “new blood a more contemporary focus more modern attitudes”

Even though the transition is being made gradually over a period of months and already has resulted in a ratings boost the program’s mail indicates that the changes are unsettling to a number of long-time viewers.They are scarcely less so for the people charged with putting them into effect — particularly head writer Frances Rickett who assumed the job several months ago with the assignment to wind up a “grim” plot situation as quickly as possible and chart a new course for the serial

FRESH START HARD WITH SORDID PAST

The trouble with giving the program a fresh start Miss Rickett noted was that the established characters had long eventful — and occasionally sordid — histories that kept getting in the way. For instance there’s Amy Ames Britton who literally grew up on the old “Secret Storm” and is a major holdover character — For purposes of Amy’s current romance and the “new woman” image being constructed for her it was important to Miss Rickett that the character’s previous marital record be downplayed as much as possible.So imagine her chagrin when in a routine on-the-air dialogue exchange between two other characters one was heard to remark casually as she was supposed to that yes Amy had been married before. Then she added unthinkingly: “ three times”

The writer also has her work cut out in transforming the character of tycoon-governor candidate Dan Kincaid from a cynical hypocrite deeply involved with the syndicate drug traffic into a conscience-stricken good guy only faintly tainted by past associations Sometimes casting changes have to be made to go along with character alternations “Joanne Morrison” originally brought on for a brief stint as a teen-age dope victim developed into a major continuing character in the new scheme but the girl who played her was considered too young for the romantic entanglements envisioned for the role so a new Joanna was hired (“And she’s too old” Miss Rickett says)

SERIAL STARTS YOUTH MOVEMENT

In the foreseeable future the serial will be built around the youthful Joanna.the durable Amy (now played by Lynne Adams) and the alluring social-climbing Belle Britton who joined the show in 1968 and was supposed to die shortly thereafter She was miraculously cured however and has been a prime antagonist since. Lately though even Belle (Marla Adams) has shown signs of mellowing and in the press interviews she was flashing a diamond that would make Liz Taylor envious (“courtesy of the prop department") a wedding bauble from good new Dan. They are to be wed “secretly” in a sequence of episodes beginning Monday June 19 “If you don’t think daytime drama can be funny on purpose just watch these shows” Marla Adams (no relation to Lynne) suggested Amy’s love life is about to intensify too. Lynne was explaining to reporters that her character is going with Dan Kincaid’s son Kevin but not very far. “That’s about to change” Miss Rickett put in “You and Kevin are going to start living together” “We are?” Lynn seemed genuinely surprised but agreeable to the idea.