Helen Wagner passes away

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that could be a nice tribute to Helen Wagner but I just dread the idea of a finale revolving around the likes of Katie, Allison, Lily, and Janet, with no real acknowledgment of Nancy. I hope they can at least bring back Penny or Andy and say it's for some sort of Hughes family occasion.

Guest dc cubs

May she rest in peace. In four months we have lost 3 daytime legends in James Mitchell, Frances Reid and now Helen Wagner. So very sad.

• Members

Sad but ironic, Wagner said the first words some 54 years ago on ATWT and now, with the World ending, she dies. I hope the show does NOT address the issue and, instead, lets Nancy live on in our imaginations just like all of the other characters on As the World Turns. I'm sure, after 54 years of tape, Goutman can dig back and let Nancy have the last word. It would be great if they were to use her speech from the 40th Aniv. special in which she read Irma Phillips poem about the life cycle as demonstrated by the changing of seasons and how it happens as the world turns. The link on YouTube is

ATWT could easily handle the situation with a brief statement by Bob and Kim tcked on to the end of an episode saying how the actor will be missed. A dead Nancy is just too sad with the show in it's final months.

I liked how B&B glossed over the death of Sally Spectra and, instead, said she was on an endless world wide cruise. It makes me think of Sally as happy as oppsed to having sit through a sad funeral montage.

• Members

Heartbreaking news, and unforgivable that Goutman didn't plan for such a possibility when the cancellation notice came down. How much does it take to do one little scene of Nancy and/or the family alone, closing up shop?

And no. I don't want them to incorporate her death into it.

Archived