Helen Wagner passes away

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:( I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this.

I just want a fitting tribute to her someone down the road. No matter what it is.

I truly hate it when irony smacks me like this. Just yesterday, the weather outside was dreary all day, so I was inside watching Daytime Emmys videos online, and while watching the 2004 Lifetime Achievement Award presentation, I couldn't believe that F. Reid and R. Warrick were gone, but I was glad that we still had all the rest with us. But now Helen is gone, too, and when ATWT airs its final episode, Jeanne Cooper will be the only person from that set who is still playing her character. Just not a happy feeling...

• Members

Oh wow!

Helen Wagner as Nancy has brought a lot of years of enjoyment to my family. We have all been ATWT fans.

She was such a graceful lady. I liked the story where Nancy taught Lauren Hill's character how to read.

She was never better then when she was interfering in her loved ones lives!

ATWT is cancelled.

It seemed like life was ending in Nashville this weekend.

I turn on my computer to learn that she has died!

:(

• Members

This is so sad! First Frances, and now Helen. :( :(

There's even an aricle in a Swedish newspaper about this. ATWT have just been on air here for like maybe 2 years, and the media over here doesn't nocare about soaps at all.

R.I.P Helen!

• Members

This is incredibly sad! I truly feel as though American soap opera as we know it has come to a fast end.

Lately I've been watching quite a bit of late 80s ATWT on Youtube, which made me wonder how would Doug Marland handle Helen's passing if he were alive, or if the head writer now is someone of his caliber. I'm speaking from the perspective, of course, of all the loving episodes that he wrote when Don McLaughlin passed away in '86.

• Members

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived