Helen Wagner passes away

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, I don't think they got the chance to. One of the obits I read said that HW was due to be at the studio to shoot some scenes this week, and with taping coming to an end very soon, I have to wonder if what she was gonna be doing this week had to do with the show's end.

• Members

They mentioned Helen's passing on the CBS news last night, but they didn't really let her speak for herself, they just showed a few clips and mostly focused on her being the person who was onscreen when Cronkite broke in about the JFK assassination. What annoyed me was Katie Couric was mewling OVER an interview of Helen Wagner saying they had no idea this was happening until they finished taping the episode. Why not just show Helen saying that herself?

• Members

Wow..PGP has gotten so cheap that I'm actually shocked they helped a vet make it to the studio. Given the manner in which ATWT treats vets, I'd have quessed they might have used a transport issue to ax her.

I'd love to actually see some of the VET contracts and exactly what they are paid. I recently read that Eileen Fulton gets paid to show twice per week yet is almost never used: No wonder ATWT is running out of money. Wagner, Fulton and all the other vets are great and, since they get paid regardless, these actors ought to be used for story.

• Members

Exactly, instead of always matching them with their peers, the younger characters should be having more heart-to-hearts with the vets who have contracts like those. I think that's why we got that Gigi/Viki scene on OLTL the other week, a convenient, easy way to catch the audience up and make use of Erika Slezak and her pay.

It seems like such an obvious gesture, but I too was a little surprised that they provided her with a car service. Something I'd immediately think to do, but I've become so jaded with soap execs I didn't automatically expect it.

Rosie O'Donnell and Martha Stewart live out in Bedford/Katonah, she could have hitched rides with them. ;)

Archived