OLTL: Discussion for the week April 26

• Members

That in and of itself is not so terrible, I enjoy heart to hearts, but with Viki those scenes always seem to stick out like sore thumbs. Give those scenes to folks like Renee or Carlotta. With Viki, it just feels like they're trying to justify ES's paycheck/guarantee when we'd much rather watch her seriously tangling with Dorian or something. I've given up hope that we'll get one last awesome Lord of The Banner/DID quality s/l. :(

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not from this week, but I had to LOL at Starr/Cole's love scenes and how they postioned Starr to cover up Cole's belly.

And he starting to get a double chin. :lol: He needs to slow down on those Whoppers.

I'm glad to have Destiny/Matthew involved in the Langston story, hope they use this once everything is exposed.

• Members

Brandon Buddy is out of shape for soaps, at the very least. He either has drunk bloat or doesn't get enough sleep, or both. I wouldn't kick him out of bed, I'm just saying. He's extremely average. Sometimes soaps do these kind of scenes at inopportune times in order to try and shame the actor into toning up; it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case here.

• Members

I dunno, some of Marty's accusations, jealousy, fly off the handle moments seem so WRONG for someone who is apparently a practicing, and competent, shrink. I mean I've worked in the field (counselling), and of course we still always hold grudges, have people we don't trust, etc etc, but...

I still love Vicki but her scenes with Gigi were hard for me to watch without laughing--her over the top "He did WHAT?" reactions, etc I don't blame ES or even Fath, it's just the writing (OLTL does particularly bad exposition it seems, soaps always have trouble making backstory told in conversation sound natural but OLTL particularly sucks at it and has for a while now).

For some reason I kinda like Kelly and Gina as her--and I liked her her first year or so on the show in the 90s so maybe that's why, but this story... Shouldn't she at least be talking to Addie and Melinda about what's happening? Talk about the story, despite half heartedly involving John and Todd, being an island to itself. MEH.

• Members

Well we didn't get a funeral, and the quick bit afterwards didn' thave Addie I don't think, but we were meant to assume she was there. I dunno why they've basically ruled Mitch and his cult out, even with the revelation of Alison. (And how a mute mental patient not only escaped undetected but flew, within hours, across the country from California)

• Members

I dunno why I keep defending him, he's hardly a fave of mine, but I don't think he's out of shape (though I think I miraculously missed their love scene)--then again I kinda liked Jacob Young more when he was chunky on AMC, so... We got the sex scene to contrast with the Ford stuff I thought, to show a "loving" young sex scene (again I didn't see it, and could care less, but I don't think it was there to shame the actor). I know some people who kinda have that "rings around their eyes" look he has naturally, and they certainly don't party more than me--it's just their look/colouring etc.

• Members

And one more thing--the stories the past while have been filled with gaps and holes in terms of plotting, but what did I miss? How did Dannii go from being HORRIFIED by what she had to say in the play about Todd to today decideing she'd drop the play so not to make Todd feel bad. I didn't see ANYTHING in the scene she had to do with her teacher as Todd to lead to this. (Obviously I know the real reason--lazy writing and they wanted to have Dannii suddenly start to sympathize with Todd, even if we never saw why on Earth she would, so she'd be all the more upset with hte "revelation" Todd pushed Marty)

• Members

A stupid plot point. Dani begins to open up to Todd and NOW with these accusations about Marty, she's going to hate him all over again. Once when he find out he's innocent (We know he is), Dani will forgive him and begin to start building a relationship.

Typical ABC :rolleyes:

Archived