OLTL: Discussion for the week April 26

• Members

If the only way they can get people to pity Todd is to have him beaten up every year, you'd think they'd cut their losses.

About Danielle - I wonder if bringing in the 30 year old high school student is some way of easing Matthew out of the show.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: I know, those ladies sure don't know how to break up a fight. All of that holding each other back, it was like being on the playground, "No! Let 'em fight, let 'em fight!" That Cole's knuckles are gonna fall off, cinder block walls, Todd's hard head. I don't condone violence, but I'm sure a lot of fans found some catharsis in that.

• Members

I caught the very, very beginning of today's show while on my way from Pine Valley to Oakdale, and I have to say that "fight" scene at the beginning was ridiculous. Of course I wanted Cole to turn Todd's head into a pimento loaf sandwich, but all that damn screaming from the young ladies was like nails on a chalkboard.

• Members

I think she should turn down the RED a few notches, make it a softer reddish brown. But I guess the hair color and pieces sorta compensate for today's Dorian's more muted clothes and set?

Wait, WHAT? Is he angry tweeting? :lol:

• Members

UGH I give up. I'm NOT a Cole fan, but that was all so ridiculous--maybe they could flash back to Todd doing the same to Cole years back for far less--but then this story wouldn't be manipulating the audience as intended I guess. And yeah, no one even seemed to be trying to break up the fight. Sigh. Meh.

HAHA I assume DeeDee's comment is in regard to Cole pointlessly ripping open his shirt? :lol:

• Members

And the thing is--I think soaps still need someone in this role. I've been loving AMC (more than most on here it seems lol) the past two or so months, but they're in dire need of a character like that, and it wouldn't make sense for someone like Erica to assume that role. And I LOVE kitchen scenes (another set I wish AMC would have lol). *That* said, I totally agree--it just, for a variety of reasons, some I can't quite place, work with Vicki. Partly I think because she's still young and vital to the show enough not to be shunned away into that role--but partly also is I just don't buy her SHOCK at all these events. She's gone through WAY WAY worst experiences that hearing that Marty may have been pushed down a flight of stairs should cause upset, but not this "I DON'T BUY THAT!" reaction (especially when it's about something Todd could have done--Vicki is meant to be smart. I can accept her liking Todd flaws and all, even if it makes no sense that she'd write off Tina for doing far less--but for her to say, a year or two after he held Marty captive and brainwashed her, to name just one of his most recent crimes, that he couldn't do something like this? :wacko: )

• Members

That is how he yells. Poor kid.

It's a real vicious curve for daytime bodies - I think Buddy looks perfectly fine for an everyday person like the rest of us peons and I think he's kinda cute in an odd way. But in terms of soap looks, or at least the unrealistic body standard American soaps perpetuate, then yeah, he's slacking off. What gives me real pause though is how rough he looks in the face.

• Members

Thought they went a bit overboard on the Todd blood. Watching on Wed I kept thinking "Please let him die" even though I know he won't. I loved the suggestion that the character will be so physically changed due to the beating that he'll come back as the original actor. TIIC are trying so hard to make Todd the bad boy we love and I just do not buy it with TSJ. All I see is a giant smirk and it's not attractive.

• Members

The sad part is that when Nancy was in her 70s, she actually had a lot more story than Viki has today, who is younger and also has a much more central role (Nancy has always been a supporting player) in OLTL's history.

• Members

Absolutely. As I was saying in my other post, there are recurring characters who could serve that function (and I agree that AMC could do the same, you have kooky Opal and for some straaaaange reason, I feel like Krystal and her little 5 and dime will become a go-to type character. Susan Lucci [susan Lucci!] is now the senior cast member, we don't have any Myrtles to turn to).

But yes, Viki has weathered FAR too many HUGE storms to find shock in darn near anything. :lol: And where Todd of all people is concerned...

I do like that Viki has a young friend, my dubious feelings about Gigi aside, but... it's almost as if Viki loses herself in those scenes, she's less Viki the character and the history, and more Viki the figurehead.

• Members

They use Viki to try to make us pity Todd, and then they use these beatings. He's been beaten at least once every year since 2008 hasn't he? At least when Higley tortured him there was apparently some attempt to make Todd a good guy, but this Todd basically acts like an ass 95% of the time and yet that 5% of woobie, battered Todd is supposed to be what we pay attention to.

Archived