OLTL: Discussion for the week April 26

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! Here, here. So is Hannah certifiable? If she's on the road to being normal again once she's over Ford, she'd be a nice consolation prize for Markko, she's cute, and Cole's eye can wander elsewhere. Or maybe Cole will end up being jealous of Markko and Hannah, that would be nice and awkward. Langston and Ford can have each other and get the hell outta Dodge. If Star and Cole's relationship is truly tested (and it looks like that's where we're going) I wonder if there will be yet another weird quadrangle with Starr and that new kid in the play and Dani and Matthew (and BONUS character, Destiny.)

• Members

Why does everyone think Hannah is certifiable? I think she is normal. She hasn't done anything so far that Starr or Langston themselves haven't done.

I don't know what the point of Ford is or Langston anymore. Did they have to turn Markko into a doofus? Who are they writing for? Everyone is stupid. The stories lack heart.

• Members

Yep, she saw them.

Leia, I was just askin', I'm wondering where they're going with Hannah. I often listen from the other room but I've caught some of those lingering shots of her where it's kind of gray if she's playing with a full deck or not. I could buy that she's just been mind eff'd by Ford and she'll get herself back together.

• Members

Lacking heart- that's exactly the problem. Langston/Ford/poor doofus Markko and whatever shocking climax (ha) to this story RC has written seems like a drawn out disaster. Markko does have undying love for Langston which is in character; but he really isn't that dumb. He always "called her out" when she went off. That's a core part of their relationship. As for Langston, she's been completely rewritten into a soulless bitch. Wouldn't even be surprised if she doesn't get her payback yet. They'll have her "be in love with Fordho" and then much later find out about pizza girl and whoever else he's screwing. Meanwhile she'll be alienated from everyone else in her life. But it keeps Fordho and their sexing it up on screen forever. Yuk. Hope I'm wrong.

• Members

Some people think Hannah pushed Marty down the stairs. Now that idea is colouring every scene I see her in.

Marty and Natalie's scenes were quite good today for once. Susan Haskell always brings her A-game, and I even enjoyed Melissa Archer's quiet listening. Natalie shouldn't be let off the hook just because she didn't push Marty down the stairs. She was still a mean bitch to her. Wonder if Natalie and Brody will team up to prove Todd did it.

Cole was really good today too. He and Starr's angst makes sense.

I love Destiny, I love Matthew, I like Dani, and I really like this new Nate Salinger character. He's attractive without being creepy (like Ford).

Even Tea and Blair's scenes were good. I wonder if Blair will try to say something nice to Marty in the wake of her miscarriage since Blair seems really focused on her own recently.

• Members

This Melinda/Buddy (was that his name?) murder stuff seems really weird to me, just not fully realized nor well-crafted, namely given the fact that Kelly just came back and we hadn't seen Melinda in like a decade. Yes, I'm curious as to who killed them, but it just seems like a poor attempt at a return story for Kelly that didn't have an adequate set-up. And at least recruit Dorian into this caper.

Oh, and why would anyone want to kill Melinda? :blink:

Archived