Daytime Emmys Return to CBS

Jonathan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What was the point of dropping it last year and claiming it wasn't a viable option any longer? CBS is weird...

I guess it's good soap fans and soap actors have a place to see their industry represented though, but personally, I'm no longer invested in the Daytime Emmy's What a farce.

• Members

I can't believe that, for the first time ever, I'm gonna be rooting for General Hospital to win the Daytime Emmy for Drama Series. Hell has officially frozen over.

I always love the Emmys, regardless of who's nominated. It's fun to guess who's gonna win, fun to watch, and fun to see daytime stars completely sh*twrecked on national TV.

And Dear God, whatever you do, PLEASE don't bring White Cherry Entertainment back! Crappy graphics, crappy faux-rock music, crappy all the way around. I hope last year's production company is in charge. They pulled off one of the best Daytime Emmys shows in years.

• Members

Thank you. I can't believe there are people that think last years was the worst. Obviously they need their heads examined. Last year actually looked like the producers gave a damn.

CBS, on the other hand, is the WORST at producing the Emmy's. Rachel [!@#$%^&*] Ray, anyone? That year wasn't even funny, just embarrassing.

Guest dc cubs

I'm glad its being televised. I thought it might be on ABC as earlier mentions said it could be rerun on another station. I thought the second airing would be on Soapnet. Plus Romanovich said that the decision was made to have a 40th AMC Anniversary tribute during the show instead of an ATWT farewell tribute. I find it odd that CBS wouldn't want to give tribute to a show on its network but will air an anniversary tribute for an ABC soap.

• Members

WIN.

People can [!@#$%^&*] on Guza and this show all they like, but they pretty much deserved all their Emmys. Even when the stories were shameless Emmy-grabbing and pure garbage, they were better than the rest. They just slick it up for the Emmys, package the product nicely and grab it.

Like they should.

Others are idiots for not following the same formula too.

• Members

Because the emmys are more about soap operas?

because it still has three soaps, even if one is ending.

because it has the #1 daytime drama?

GH for best drama? No. It has almost nothing to pick from. The only other soap who deserves it less is AMC... and maybe ATWT.

DAYS, Y&R, OLTL all at least have a good chunk of episodes from last year.

• Members

I totally get what you mean regarding the Emmy's...I love to watch them for the same reasons as you. And also, it's not everyday that you get to see all the soap stars in one red carpet, one room, all together like you do with regular celebrity's pretty much everyday. I find it exciting.

Oh and I'm rooting for GH, to...and also DAYS. I think those two will garner the most nods\wins this year. Can't decide which should win best Drama though..

It is weird that they are airing on CBS, but I am just so glad that they are airing!

• Members

Agreed. I'm always going to have a general hate for GH, and will NEVER watch the show regularly and haven't for years, but this year, every other soap upped their [!@#$%^&*] factor to new heights until the point where it crossed past my general hate into full fledged loathing. The only other soap I'll except is ATWT.

• Members

GH doesn't deserve anything for 2009 IMO. DAYS and OLTL were pretty good for most of the year, and Y&R was good for the first half of 2009. GH should def. get it for the stuff they've done this year, at the 2011 Emmys.

Archived