OLTL Star's Exit Interview with EW

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm gaining the utmost respect for Brett with each and every interview. He doesn't slag off the net or TPTB, but he makes it clear that he and Scott leave the show with their dignity in tact and in full knowledge of the fact that it wasn't the fault of their characters that show's ratings are in the cellar.

• Members

This Kish controversy, is really going to hurt the show more than they realize. Do they really believe their problems are going to just disappear. Not only have they lost a popular pairing, that brought them great publicity, but they also are alienating a fanbase with the way they are handling this exit.

Right now this was the last thing OLTL needed to do, they seriously want to be cancelled....and as far as I am concerned, they only have themselves to blame if they do.

This show NEVER seems to learn from their mistakes...........

• Members

Another great interview by Brett. I just love this guy. Another soap needs to snap him up.

I agree with poster Mrs. Chandler Quartermaine. Getting rid of Kish acomplishes nothing postive for this show. All they did was piss off fans and it's not going to help the ratings. Can already see it. The last few weeks the ratings have down and quickly approaching that low in total viewers they hit in Dec. Given Kish has hardly been on lately, to me thats basically backs up my opinion that they let the wrong people go and the real problems still remain and will continue to drag down the show. It looks like not just Kish fans, but the general auidence is tuning out cause the most of the rest of the show is such crap. I think Jamey Giddens could be right, in that this could be the show's "Maureen Bauer moment".

• Members

I really liked Kyle and Fish but I don't get the Maureen Bauer comparison. Maureen was on GL for over a decade and she slowly became the show's heart and soul. The show was never the same without her, but still went on for another sixteen years. Kyle and Fish were great once OLTL started writing for them and they could have become the show's heart but they were never given the best of stories and probably would have been ruined at one point or another as just about everyone on OLTL is. Even if they had stayed around, the show probably won't last beyond another two or so years.

If we're going to talk about moments that linger for years and years I'd put stuff like poor Gabrielle killed next to a toilet.

• Members

I respect your opinion, but the show will be cancelled with or without Kish.

Sure, the couple was groundbreaking, but it was just two newbies with no connection to the core of the show. I highly doubt OLTL will just implode without them.

Kish fans should be lucky they aren't sticking around, they could have had a worse fate then what they are getting now.

• Members

Eric83....I completely agree about "the show will be cancelled with or without Kish", I'm was trying to say that this is another reason, in a very very long line of reasons, why they might be cancelled soon. In a sense, Kish's firing is just adding more fuel to the fire.

I love OLTL, they gave me my favorite soap couple of all time...Tangeline...but I think even they don't know what to do anymore, they seem lost.

Archived