OLTL Star's Exit Interview with EW

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I meant the cover story where they proceeded to write negative backstage stories about every one of the last 6 or 7 finalists in season 6 minus Jordin Sparks, who was apparently so seen as the show's ideal winner that even Ryan Seacrest went out months before the finale and said he wanted her to win. And a lot of their Idolatry and website coverage often seems the same to me, when I read that I don't usually see a big difference from what I might hear on the show.

I guess I just see EW as making the appearance of being against the grain but usually it all seems boilerplate to me. That interview with Brett was the same way. Repeated implications that gay sex got them fired or was too much for viewers.

• Members

I don't think they are that far off from the show itself. Tim sucks, Paige sucks, Crystal is a goddess, and so on. Sometimes they're amusing but other times they're too busy smirking at themselves to bother. I watched one from last week with some guy doing some attempt at sassy quips while wearing a shirt many sizes too small.

• Members

I believe more viewers tended to love watching the Kish sex sequence rather than didn't. For me, as cheesy as I thought it was, it was also a nice respite from "The Many Loves of Todd Manning." OLTL's ratings are in the toilet, though, so the network (and FV) thinks this couple is to blame - when, in fact, Rex, Gigi, John, Todd, and everyone else TPTB (going on audience research) thinks are viewer favorites, are.

Archived