OLTL: Jean Passanante joins writing team

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This person can't exist. If she did she would have been there when Melinda died or when Blair was hospitalized fifteen times in 2008 and 2009.

There's a Maddie on ATWT. Do you mean her?

I do recognize the photo. That's a younger Isabelle Alden from Loving.

• Members

Jean Passanante was epic horrible at AMC. I watched almost every day of that era and I remember almost every ridiculous, idiotic detail; some of it blends into other writers' tenures in my mind. Nothing could top her for sheer badness, until of course the rape of Bianca, Brown and Esensten, and most of all, Pratt. But she was still pretty [!@#$%^&*] bad. The Gabriel/Dogboy story alone should outlaw her from working again. And then there's her HW tenure at ATWT. Oh my God.

• Members

I either was not clear or you misunderstood--I do not think Frons plans to actually bring ATWT characters onto OLTL; I do expect, however, for him to hire two, maybe three, actors from ATWT over the next few years. The two shows have a history of 'swapping' talent over the years so why should now be any different especially considering it might boost ratings. It isn't as if ex World Turns actors haven't popped in Llanview before. I do think it is odd that Frons hired Simon for scripts and now J. P.

It would be smart to hire someone like Maura West or Kelly Hennesy. Any of the remaining soaps would be thrilled to grab them. You speak as if OLTL is dead--in need of a hiring freeze and a total devotion to history. I actually think ABC is trying to save the show and will want to bring in new blood.

• Members

ATWT is basically tied with OLTL and AMC in Households and 18-49 demo (.1 below). All three soaps are failing and Frons has no space for another soap unless he tales back 12:30-1pm from locals. I've never understood why ABC hasn't moved AMC back so to run head to head with Y&R to grab the lunch crowd.

• Members

I misunderstood, I thought you meant characters.

My bad.

But, I don't want them to stunt cast if they aren't going to have story for them.

Case in point: Gina Tognoni

The cast is still bloated, even with all these recent cuts, so if they are going to snag some ATWT actors, they need to re-evaluate who is worth keeping over at One Life.

• Members

Jean Passanante and a bunch of well-worn vets from a cancelled soap is not my idea of 'new blood.' Maybe we can take one or two actors, but this show doesn't need yet more new people, likely white and str8.

• Members

Passanante's AMC was HORRIBLE. Sometimes I felt if Agnes had any more input. The only thing that made AMC watchable was the actors. I thought Finola Hughes at that time did a very good job as Anna. I really felt Anna was the only thing I liked during AMC under Passanante. Also she left us with that stupid Proteus sotryline. AMC also, many times did not make sense. AMC was very lucky that ratings didn't tank.

• Members

Anna's time on AMC was generally very good, to me anyway. I remember that a lot of people were upset that she wasn't on GH, but I was relieved, because GH ruins returning characters. They trashed her a few years later when she did come back.

I would agree that bringing on ATWT actors probably wouldn't help OLTL. I'd like to see Maura West on something again but OLTL already has a lot of women in her age group they don't write for. There are several men on ATWT I'd like to see again but OLTL doesn't know how to write for men. But I think Billy Magnussen would be great as CJ. The guy who plays Reid could be a good addition too.

Archived