Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I recall her saying she was from Texas. It made me wonder if she was the Nina that auditioned for RHOD at one point in fact. That just makes me think of it even more. 

I agree. It was very clear in the last half of the season that Ayan does really and truly misread what others are saying. I am just glad she's woman enough to own she was in the wrong and do the right thing and apologize. 

I agree. I also loved during the reunion that Caroline seem to realize that as well. 

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHOA: While this season turned out to be pretty good, the reunion itself was kinda ho-hum. Enjoyable, but nothing bombastic. Surprisingly, I forgot Kenya was on the couch half the time, though we got a lot of action from Kandi, seated furthest from Andy. Meanwhile, I'm glad Todd just lets Marlo's mess roll off his back; he doesn't take her lies seriously which means we the audience don't need to, either. Therefore, when she runs her mouth off next season, it'll pack next to no punch with the viewers. 

• Members

Damn. It is sad that SLC premieres tomorrow and Bravo hasn't done anything to really promote the upcoming season. This just will confirm to the fandom that this upcoming season will probably end up being a dud with the exception of Jen's pending sentencing. 

Bravo needs to get it together and start promoting their shows like they used to. The only show this entire year I've seen them promote the hell out of has been the upcoming season of Potomac. I don't even think they promoted Dubai that great for their inaugural season. Bravo's marketing department needs to probably let some people go and head back to the drawing board where Bravo had glamorous promotions for all their shows. 

• Members

Totally agree with this. I mean, the SLC trailer was pretty good in racking up tension. Heck, up until that trailer, I was pretty much decided that I would NOT be watching SLC this season. I didn't even finish last year's reunion.

Follow-up has been nil. I had forgotten that tonight was premiere night. That's not good. Bravo needs to reinvest in promoting RHs because right now, this is still its ratings baby. Real Girlfriends in Paris has been a massive ratings flop (though I liked it). Southern Charm and Summer House aren't raking in the ad dollars. The Below Decks and some of the RH franchises are doing the heavy lifting. Including RHOA which, as @Gray Bunny and others have pointed out, had a ho-hum reunion. (Which is very unusual, because RHOA usually rescues a weak season with its fire reunions. But anyway -- I have hope for next season... which I hope will include Porsha).

Recently I saw that the RHOBH get gifted with unofficial (but Bravo-approved) seasonal posters every year, possibly by a Bravo-employed or ex-Bravo graphic designer. The posters are pretty great actually, and they touch on the conceptual marketing you were talking about that Bravo used to do. They are very cinematic.

Every season has a theme, whether it's the drama or a cast trip. Using that theme as a concept for promotion, like these posters do, would be a great stepping stone to a future marketing campaigns for all the Real Housewives franchises.

Remember the RH Olympics?

• Members

See... Even that p*sses me off b/c do they just do that for BH or do they do that for all the shows? B/c my mind instantly goes back to how the women of ATL had to pay out of their OWN pockets to create promos for this past season. If the stars have to pay for promos then that's a major problem. 

And ATL's reunion had plenty of content. Apparently, it was on the cutting room floor. Production apparently decided to cut out the big exchange between Drew and Sanya where they almost got physical. 

At this point, I strongly believe Bravo is self-sabotaging themselves. 

• Members

It sounds like Bravo has cut its departmental budgets big-time, and with it, its marketing staff. Because no way a fully-staffed department would produce zilch in the way of promotion.

BH seems to get what little budget there is. I still cannot believe that the ATL cast set up and paid for their own promos, because that is just shocking and embarrassing for a franchise that was Bravo's biggest ratings pull for so long. And now you are telling me production cut the juiciest parts of reunion?? What is going on? Is Bravo trying to kill RHOA? Is this payback for Nene's lawsuit? ATL actually brings in the ad dollars, along with BH and NJ. I just do not understand it.

Bravo needs to hire, because I'm betting there are some marketing creatives among the RH fanbase who would love to work for the network.

Why do you think Bravo is self-sabotaging? Do you think this is an NBC Universal directive were they want everything on Peacock now?

• Members

Lisa Rinna once again coming between Kyle and one of her sisters. Thank god they had Kathy mention Rinna physically going after Kim, which Kyle ”let me out my sister’s alcoholism” Richards, doesn’t seemingly remember or care about. Or really any number of things Rinna did and said about Kim.

Rinna is evil. Her claiming someone else has a black heart was the most backwards hypocritical bullshit I’ve ever heard.

• Members

So far, I've only seen the scene below, but I am struck by Kyle silently victim-performing while Rinna runs roughshod over yet another sister and throws out all manner of unverifiable inferences.

Why is Kyle playing with her hair and allowing someone else to litigate the issues she has with Kathy? Can't she do it on her own? Why is she letting Rinna confront and gaslight yet another sister without so much as a peep? We all know Rinna doesn't care about Kyle Richards -- but she does care about bringing down Kathy Hilton.

Even if we go with the rumor that Kathy threw out a slur, and Kyle felt that slur was a bridge too far to defend... wouldn't Kyle want to discuss with Kathy one-on-one and offer advice on how to make amends and have a Come to Jesus scene? Kind of like Erika's fake-ass intervention. This particular scene appears to be the opposite of that.

Edited by Cat