Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I don't think she won though. Now that Monique ripped her a new one, all that sh*t that Gizzy used to pull can't be done anymore. She has to find a new act now. No longer can she do the fake relationships for camera time. Gizzy is gonna have to create drama elsewhere. 

With Monique removed now and Gizelle needing a story for season 6, I fully expect Gizelle and Candaice to eviscerate each other. Calling it now, season 6 will be the downfall of Candaice if she don't know it. The network and production hate her. She's treading on thin ice with Andy. Ashley hates her. Karen is over her. She's open target. The alliance is over and I hope they destroy each other. 

I know, friend, but stranger things have happened. As long as someone breaks Bravo down to their knees, I don't care who the messenger is. 

Monique though said that she would not file suit against Bravo as she love the execs at the network along with production. 

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Great idea @Gray Bunny

Best Show

RHOP: This year the ladies of Potomac delivered a season that was burning white hot before it even hit our screens. This franchise hit its stride in season 4 and season 5 was no exception as real life court battles and infidelity dramas casted a long shadow over the lives and loves of our housewives. 

Most Entertaining Show

RHONY: The franchise about the city that never sleeps truly did not let audiences down, despite the season being less than electric. 

Outstanding Scene Stealer

Sonja Morgan: RHONY. Sonja with the sexy 'J' displays a level of heart and hilarity that makes her a housewives classic. Even when her friends complete their probation and take her in for a warm embrace, Sonja manages to take a bit of bagel and melt our hearts at the same time. 

Best Friend of the Housewives

Marlo Hampton: RHOATL. While Marlo had stiff competition this year in BH's Camille Grammar and NJ's Danielle Staub, this Georgia peach proved, yet again, to be the MVP in a franchise where she's a housewife in all but name. Whether she's taking temperatures in driveways or ensuring her social distancing protocols are being followed, Marlo is equal parts fierce and fabulous.

Best Ensemble

RHOSLC. The ladies of Salt Lake City represent a new entry into the housewives universe, but the ensemble of this franchise is refreshing, feels bold and exciting, and the onscreen chemistry, thus far, is a thing to behold. 

Best Exit

Tinsley Mortimer: RHONY. The former Upper East Side socialite left the franchise midway through the season to gain a fiance and a whole new life in Chicago. But the element of her exit that truly made her iconic was her return for the reunion where she decimated longtime audience favourite Dorinda Medley with truth bomb after truth bomb, knowing that her time on the franchise was up and that she was unshackled from the rigours of production.

Most Rejuvenated Housewife

Luann de Lesseps: RHONY. The former countess was truly feeling herself, and Jovani, after a rough previous season where cast mates accused her of being self obsessed. In this latest season, she was Lu and Improved, hosting events for former inmates, playing peacemaker on cast trips, and embracing her reclaimed freedom. 

Most Improved Franchise:

RHOBH: True, this cast of venal harpies, relying on high ratio mortgages, private loans galore, and American Express cards, are able to show the true depths of America's wicked soul, and OG Kyle Richards continues to not have a viable storyline for a decade, but the dramatic ouster of Denise f*ckin' Richards, Kyle, and the additions of Garcelle Beauvais and Sutton Stracke have set the stage for an epic upcoming season as heartless shell of a housewife Erika Girardi will try and spin her way out of a financial catastrophe...that is if production doesn't allow her to scream 'Bravo, Bravo, f*cking Bravo'...

Worst Show

RHOC: The franchise that started it all has become unrecognizable after firing the OG of the OC veteran Vicki Gunvalson. While Gunvalson had been on thin ice with the audience for years, her firing sucked the Midwestern soul out typically Republican Orange County. The current season, filmed at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, highlighted all of the unlikeable qualities of this cast, showing that this show is in desperate need of a had reboot and retooling. 

Worst Loose End

Why was 'Big Pharma' following Big D*ck Aaron and Denise? Fans around the world wondered who the car following Denise f*ckin Richards, Kyle, and her well endowed hubby, really belonged to? Given Richards' ouster, we'll never know. 

Worst Exit

Dorinda Medley: RHONY. How the mighty have fallen. Audiences once asked themselves "What are you doing here without Dorinda?!" yet by the end of the current season of RHONY, even her most ardent fans admitted it was a very bad season for Ms. Medley and it was time for her to go. The anger and bitterness she displayed throughout the season bordered on irrational and her implosion at the reunion sealed her fate.  

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

You know @NothinButAttitude, UK Jersey has pretty good taglines. And look! Seven Housewives.

Well...now that I'm off work, honestly, Monique's leaving is actually hitting me more deeply than I was expecting. I've been feeling introspective today. Holiday blues. New Years blues. Whatever you call it...I'm sad to see her go even if I understand why. So thank you @Gray Bunny for the fun shade in your BEST and WORST list and @DaytimeFan for your list as well. I'm so going to have to fortake in the fun later after a bit of rest...long work day.

But since I could use a change of subject as well as an attempt to focus before I work on one of my blogs....

SLC

So since for some reason my ON DEMAND seem to be missing the last few episodes, well I watched the latest episode by other means. hehe.

I thought it was a slow burn episode. Not much happened, but you got to know people better. Okay, stuff happened, but it was at the end. And given that clip I posted from 3 episodes away from now, that last scene is clearly going to snow ball.

But let's roll it back...

MEREDITH. Speaking of 'fetch,' Brooks is 'fetch' for me. And honestly, Bravo needs to quit. I have enough of that in my daily life and I don't need entitled spoiled brats who defer a semester in school to be on reality tv to strengthen their brand on my screen...especially when they don't have much of a brand to begin with. I mean...two tracksuits? Really? And I'm being kind by saying TWO? That's almost like a slap in the face to all the people who try to break into fashion on PROJECT RUNWAY with more talent than the Influencer has. Or like Kyle putting her name on that fashion line over on BH. Yeeeeeeah NO. The real drama was in Meredith/Seth trying to keep their separation low-key and how it affects everyone around them. Sadly, I don't find the Influencer's feelings over his dad not being there genuine which it could be if he was not just trying to be extra or find a moment. I wish Meredith had told him or suggested that maybe Seth was not there since he was giving Meredith her space. Meanwhile, I liked her lunch with Jen and Heather and they were trying to be friends...or so I thought...

JEN. *KandiBuress*BITCH*KandiBuress* For someone who was making it seem like Meredith is her best friend when it's really Heather, how dare you do that last scene? Jen has already damaged her own brand by being that friend who runs around telling off on her other friends' secrets. Now she dropped a bomb on poor Whitney...and that bomb was Meredith probably stepping out too often with a mystery man. Was this before the separation? While it's happening? Why give it air when you know people will gossip? And does Seth even know? That was all messy and Whitney didn't want to hear that. Clearly this will lead to that forthcoming scene when she gets into it with Whitney and goes off on a producer? And Whitney and Heather are quite close so that just means you will lost your last friend if you do? Mary is unbothered by you. Lisa will be fabulous ice and have Meredith (since she is the ACTUAL best friend)'s back. Whitney does not seem like she will cower to you. She is dangerously close to being an island. Ironically, this episode shed some light on how she is the way she is. And it appears that it ties into the father. And so much was her grief that it caused problems with her husband. So no wonder he stays away a lot. Not a good look.

WHITNEY. When she is not busy with dealing with Jen drama or being a good cousin with Heather (and I love seeing their scenes together), she was dealing with her father...who wants to leave the rehab a 2 and a half months early. Since she said this happened to him all the time...le sigh. Yeah, I could see how much she tried to hold it together...hoping this time would be the time he gets it together and not rush through it. Again...showing the real.

HEATHER. Speaking of real...I find her internal struggle compelling. Perhaps it's the duality for me as a gay black man and sometimes having to walk in your truth...of course, trying to figure out what you want your truth to be. And I don't have kids so I can only imagine how it is with your beliefs and trying to find yourself in them after a bad patch AND relating that to your kids because you want nothing but the best for them. But can you give them the best when you feel broken? I think she can. And she deserves it. Now...I need her to feel that. She is definitely confident enough and seems like a great mom. 

MARY. Maybe it's because I watched it over a few days time and I've been busy, but she was in it very little and I don't remember her doing anything. 

LISA. Why do I feel like there is some trouble coming since she is almost always business? She reminds me of one of my bosses who is a little too OCD at work. Kinda understandable giving Co-Vid here, but still gotta make time for your family. Though it is clear she loves her child. 

Good low-key episode before the craziness starts anew.

Awww

Well, Monique has given quite a lot of interviews today so I hope to hear more about them as I listen to them over the next day or so. It is still a busy work week for me, but it appears to be trying to go back to normal.

But that really stood out for me and Andy Cokehead did not give it much time at all. But it seem so clear that she was definitely coming from a different place than she was in a year ago at Karen's when they all wanted her to be remorseful. Not a bit fake. And trying to articulate it all.

Given our discussions over temperments it felt good that she came to some kind of peace within herself. It would have been nice to see what she did with it going forward. 

But yes, I am happy for her and her FOUR homes.

Meanwhile, Giz can stay pressed.

RHOD

To add on to the fun before I get to writing...first impressions of Dr. Moon...?

• Members

Good morning,

I read this morning that Monique had signed her contract but after seeing what you guys saw on the reunion, she canceled all of them.  It makes me happy knowing Bravo didn't screw her on the contract.  Guess I'm officially done with reality TV.  RHOP was my final hold out.  

• Members

I do wonder if Bravo might try to get her back since she did sign that contract. 

I feel like all these tag lines are good and I’m excited for this season! Seeing no Leanne is such a relief. As someone who loved the previous season I’m hoping it continues to have the breezy feel of that season prior to the toxicity of the second cast trip. 

That RHOJersey intro looked bizarre and the casting seems to odd to me, but I still want to check it out lol. It looks well produced, but the casting just doesn’t work for me on the surface. 

• Members

Well, I look forward to your opinions on it since I loathed how last season went down.

Please register in order to view this content

That said...I loved Asian Kenya, Ashley Abbot's (though she didn't sound all right then), and Kameron.

I'll give credit where it's due...I loved Stephanie's, too.

Meh on Brandi's.

And Kary is a non factor for me.

Speaking of taglines, I bet the UK Jersey girls might surprise. It has the air of the other foreign franchises and what the ones here used to do...glamour. 

RHOD

I almost forgot...the 1st episode is going to air as a preview episode THIS Thursday though the premiere is STILL January 5. 

ETA:

Edited by Taoboi