Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

My fear is they don't cast some back up for Karen, it's going to turn into BH where now every season is the coven getting rid of whomever they don't like. Karen and Ashley aren't close enough to truly be a team as we saw Ashley turn on her multiple times this season.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Karen is really strong and she can handle herself, but I agree, the dynamic will be like BH where it's the rest of the cast against one and it just becomes like a toxic game of Survivor. 

Sigh. Such a loss. However, good for them. They unmasked Gizelle for all to see and they don't need this show, while I am quite sure Gizelle needs a season 6 paycheque to pay for her renovation.

• Members

What renovation?

Please register in order to view this content

Meanwhile...

RHOD

D'Andra is in the hospital. She MAY have Co-Vid. New Girl Jen's Twitter post mentioned it. Not yet verified so we will see.

ETA: Okay...confirmed.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Finally catching up on this thread and SON.... A belated Merry Christmas to everyone! 

That Potomac reunion had me fired up and left me feeling gypped, to be honest. For as juicy and epic as this reunion was, they gave the Samuels the short end of the stick, at least Andy did. I wanted to hear more from that binder! But Cokehead wasn't allowing it, other than reluctantly acquiescing in Part 1.  I wanted to hear Chris and Monique be able to explain how everything went down and what they knew, and have ZERO interruptions from Cokehead, the GEB's, or the Crusty Napkin, but of course we couldn't get that. Thank goodness production had the Samuels' back and aired Gizelle's dirty laundry (i.e. the unaired footage). And I *loved* how Chris spoke directly to Gizelle about being the main potstirrer of the trainer/baby rumor. 

"Hurt people hurt people. Go get some help." That was delicious. Peace out. 

This was Gizelle's worst reunion but when you have Andy trying to placate the attacks, it's obvious they're still trying to make Gizelle happen. Just like "fetch," Gizelle is NEVER gonna happen, Andy! 

With all the drama about the fight and rumor, it's kind of funny how that final altercation between Michael Darby and non-factor Chris became an afterthought. I think had Michael and Juan been in attendance, we might've gotten an official 4th Part to this reunion. 

But sadly, there really is nowhere for them to go from here than to make cast changes. I'm saddened that Monique is not returning, but I understand why. I hate to think Gizelle/Candiace etc. are cackling right now about how they "won," but perhaps one of *them* won't be asked back...? 

Even though Ashley wasn't in the middle of things as much this reunion, her and creepy Michael help make Potomac what it is, just as Alex & Simon's unconventional marriage helped round out the early years of NYC. As long as The Grande Dame and Ashley return, I'll gladly tune in next season. And Robyn can return only so we can continue seeing Juan.

I agree "a thousand percent!" (©Jill Zarin). All the more infuriating when you see bad behavior continuously rewarded (See: 86% of the Beverly Hills cast). I'm sure Gizzard will get another year, just as Rinna, Richards, Erotika etc. did on BH for two years straight now. 

• Members

Well, that is disappointing. Nevertheless, I respect Monique for prioritising her family and herself with this decision. They were not playing when Andy tried to distract them with small talk or gaslighting. They exposed Andy just as surely as they exposed Gizelle. 

@Gray Bunny ITA -- Andy keeps trying to make Gizelle happen and it is an utter flop. There is nothing fun or redeemable about her. An attempt to rebuild the franchise around her is a big mistake. The audience has her number since S1 and all they want to see is her comeuppance. Not a helping hand from Andy Cohen.

• Members

Kiss kisses real housewives of new jersey GIF on GIFER - by Mazahn

See, now that's another thing that's infuriating. Monique's progress was real. Putting the "real" in Real Housewives. The fact that she found her trigger moment (her dad putting his hands in her face as a young kid, and no ability to defend herself) shows a therapeutic journey and real progress. It wasn't something just made up out of thin air. What kind of emotional journey has Crusty Napkin gone through? My guess is a very, very short one. 

In the end, Monique wins. She has the loving husband, the beautiful children, the gorgeous FOUR homes, financial security, and confidence in herself. Other than having beautiful girls of her own, what else can Gizelle boast? 

• Members

***THE BEST & WORST OF 2020***

It's that time of year again, Real Housewives fans!

Last year, I did a play on SOD's annual Best & Worst editions. This year, how about an overall State of the Housewives address, show by show? I'll start. Please make your own lists and share reasons why Love y'all! 

Best Show 

The Real Housewives of Potomac 

After waiting extra long for the women of the 20854 to return to TV (thanks, COVID!), absence indeed made the heart grow fonder when leading ladies Karen, Ashley and Monique returned, alongside supporting players Gizelle, Robyn, Candiace and newcomer Dr. Wendy. Never a stranger to breaking the 4th wall of reality TV, Potomac DELIVERED with juicy scandals onscreen and off. Though never a ratings powerhouse, this year's focus on the Monique vs. Candiace physical altercation gave the show mainstream attention as well as a healthy bump in their Nielsen numbers. 

Most Entertaining Show

The Real Housewives of New York City 

The true comeback kid of all the Real Housewives, RHONY was re-energized starting in Season 7 with the return of Bethenny, the addition of Dorinda, and the rising star power of Countess LuAnn. As always, this past season provided belly laughs galore as well as plenty of tears and drama. I am cautiously optimistic about their new season coming in 2021, as their 2.0 reboot roster has left us one by one (first Carole, then Bethenny, now Dorinda and Tinsley), leaving us with our usual powerhouse players Luann, Ramona, and Sonja (the same 3 that survived the mass exodus of 2011), alongside relatively successful newcomer Leah. Knowing our RHONY vets, I'm sure they'll provide us with another year of laughter and bickering, but let's hope they ease up on the boozing this time around... 

Show You Love to Hate 

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills 

Love 'em or hate 'em, we're still watching them. While most of them are reviled pieces of garbage, we still view it like a bloody trainwreck. After chasing off the show's top star, Lisa Vanderpump, in the previous season, the RHOBH Mean Girls coven picked a new target this year in the form of Denise f**king Richards. Though some castmembers were finally called out for their shady financial dealings, they were mostly left unscathed. However, the tides seem to be turning on at least one housewife (Erika Jayne, a "pretty mess" indeed), which will make for a salacious story in 2021, as long as producers don't protect her again. Though Denise's performance was sometimes shaky, the majority of the audience remained on her side. Sadly, she will not be returning, but we were blessed with two fabulous newcomers (Garcelle Beauvais and Sutton Stracke) with strong rooting potential. Knowing Kyle's petty animosity and insecurity, Garcelle will surely be Vile Kyle's next target... 

Show You Don't Watch

The Real Housewives of Dallas 

Sorry folks. I never got into this one. 

Show That's Heating Up

The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City 

The new kids on the block, the women of the Beehive State are providing a strong and entertaining freshman season. Surrounded by snow, mountains, and the Mormon church, newbies Heather, Meredith, Whitney, Jen, Lisa, and kooky Mary have already given us much drama, laughter, and fabulosity. They also are not afraid to reveal intimate and vulnerable aspects of their lives (well, most of them. Jury is still out on Jen...). In just a short time, RHOSLC has become Must-See-TV in the world of reality junk food television. I look forward to seeing more! 

Show That's Cooling Off 

The Real Housewives of Atlanta 

The crown jewel of Bravo has taken a hit in the Nielsens in recent years, with RHOBH taking over as the network's top rated Housewives of 2020. Once upon a time, Nene Leakes was their leading lady, but her final year gave us nothing but mean mugs and polarizing appearances. This season seems to be a soft rebuild as they try out some new players to mix it up with their vets. The ratings are down as they slowly simmer to an eventual boiling point in storyline drama. Still, RHOA gets mainstream buzz and attention, as veterans Kandi, Cynthia, Kenya, and Porsha crank out yet another year of fun shade and reads. However, this may just be the beginning of a retooling of this aging franchise. 

Show That's Just Staying Afloat 

(TIE) The Real Housewives of Orange County

and The Real Housewives of New Jersey 

Unlike Potomac, which leaked oodles and oodles of juicy storyline nuggets during their long break between seasons, it seems to be "Out of Sight; Out of Mind" for the women of the Garden State. We've heard virtually nothing about the new season of RHONJ, save for the fact that Teresa Guidice is finally dating a new man. Still, it must be noted that RHONJ successfully rebounded with their own 2.0 reboot after languishing for years with poor casting additions after the endless Teresa/Melissa/Jacqueline/Caroline/Kathy quintangle was finally put to rest. The addition of the hilarious Margaret (and don't forget Marge Sr.!), as well as Dolores (a real-life friend of Teresa), and relative newcomers Jennifer and Jackie, have helped rebuild this once-massive Bravo hit. Now that Danielle Staub has officially sworn off Housewives for good, let's see who's the target in 2021. My guess is the friction between Margaret and Teresa hasn't completely settled... 

Meanwhile, over on the west coast, RHOC decided to kick out their OG, Vicki Gulvanson as well as their long-running resident pot-stirrer, Tamra Judge, and rebuild the show around remaining vets Shannon Beador and Kelly Dodd, and a gaggle of B-list supporting players (Gina, Emily, Braunwyn) and newcomer Elizabeth. Having the unpleasant distinction of filming during the lockdown quarantine of COVID-19, this season has showcased this weak cast's unlikable qualities more than their redeeming ones. There's drama brewing, with Braunwyn's newfound sober life and Kelly Dodd's crass and unlikable opinions about current social issues. With Nielsen numbers down and a general disdain from viewers for the majority of the women, they might want to try bringing back one of their stronger vets for next season... 

Edited by Gray Bunny