Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well. Since Quad is no longer actually Married to Medicine, I wouldn't hate it if she showed up on RHOA as a HW. I cannot stand her preachy, sanctimonious, lying ass, but she would definitely be a match for Kenya. She is as slippery and as machiavellian as Phaedra, but more combative. 

• Members

So I have a question about Potomac. This weekend, TT had a blind item which many believe to be about Robyn and Juan. In passing, it was mentioned that Potomac may not have another season after this one being filmed. I'm like WHAT? I love RHOP and thought it had decent ratings and a growing audience! Please tell me RHOP isn't in the same boat as Dallas! 

I take a lot of what TT says with a pinch of salt as I don't think she's into RHOP all that much and she definitely lets her bias show in her posts. Does anyone know what the ratings for Potomac were this last season? I need to reassure myself that RHOP is ok.

Edited by Cat

• Members

To my knowledge, RHOP ratings were not only good but they INCREASED leading up to the reunion...the reunion being the season high.  EVERYONE wanted to see the Michael drama play out.

ETA: Given the ratings, if RHOP is cancelled it will be because of all the potential lawsuits or maybe they don't want any of their older RH shows (I'm looking at you, RHOA) overshadowed IMHO.

Seems like they have been setting up Quad to move to RHOA to me with her having scenes with Cynthia in the latest episode and you know Mariah would love nothing more than to get rid of her. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Their ratings were always higher when they paired with Atlanta.  I believe last season, they finally stood on their own without a lead-in and they consistently hovered just over 1 million viewers and teetered between a 0.3 and 0.4 in the 18-49 demos.  That's not far off from NJ - they've consistently had a 0.4 most of this season.  Dallas teeters between 0.2-0.3 with about 0.7 million.  Most all do well and get a bump in the +3 days.

• Members

Thanks for the confirmation about the ratings. When RHOP was airing, all I heard about on social media was Potomac this and Potomac that. It seemed to have become Bravo's watercooler show. Bravo's RHOP YouTube comments were also pretty full, with everybody voicing an opinion on Ashley. So I was surprised when I read that post dismissing the show as on the verge of cancellation. I think for a cable show, +1 mil is pretty good ratings, and the fact that it stands on its own now is even better.

@Taoboi Could be that Bravo are worried about potential lawsuits. Having said that, Kelly Dodd and Vicki on OC have been suing left, right and center, and nobody talks about cancelling OC on that basis! I hope RHOP weathers the storm. 

It should overshadow ATL. It incentivises the RHOA HWs to step it up a bit, like we are seeing them do this season.

Re: Quad. I imagine Mariah would be pea-green with envy because she always fancied herself a potential RHOA castmember. Like I said, I do not like Quad, but it is not because she has nothing to offer. She is a fraud, a fake, a social-climber and undercover messy, and on a show like RHOA, that makes for some interesting dynamics. Kenya already disdains her ass, but Cynthia is sympatico with her. The RHOA and M2M women have known each other a long time. Honestly, I think she would be a better fit on RHOA than M2M next season.

• Members

Exactly @Cat!!! Even though it's been months since RHOP aired, social media is STILL all about RHOP due to all the drama going on...like RHOA USED TO BE and also was THIS season. I definitely feel it has passed RHOA in the last year or so which is why RHOA is struggling (but succeeding so far) in getting people back talking. RHOP stole their watercooler thunder.

And yes on the lawsuit. Interesting that OC can do that, but as soon as someone else...shall we say not RHOD related...does it, there is rumors of cancellation going on? Indeed.  It is EMPIRE Season 5 drama all over again without the fake attack.

And you hit again. I feel there is a REASON Quad and Kenya were on WWHL tonight...and also tonight RHOA Cynthia pops up on M2M with Quad. Foreshadowing?  Perhaps Mariah and the M2M cast are working behind the scenes to get rid of Quad since she is no longer married to medicine, but Bravo like her messiness and want to move her somewhere else. And RHOA would work a la Lisa Rinna with the BH housewives girls S1-5 who she had history with before she joined. 

• Members

LOL. I figured you wouldn't be a fan of that idea.

Here me out. I'm no Quad fan either. I think going to RHOA would be v dangerous for her carefully-cultivated image of saintly victimhood (in her own mind). The M2M women, for whatever reason, never really go there with Quad. Even Mariah pulls her punches. ATL doesn't play like that. I fully expect Kenya to be digging the dirt on Quad and exposing her. I, for one, would be here for that.

In any case, the Bravo execs seem to be all about 'younger' new HWs these days, and might not be into the idea of Quad for age reasons.