Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

The 'husband is gay' thing seems to be this year's fake illness SL. Dallas has it, too, with Cary and Mark. I'm glad that Andy for once is pissed off at this borefest. I thought Vicki looked so bad stoking the rumours at her dinner party and clutching her pearls. She clearly engineered the entire conversation, and Whatshisname, Lizzie and Gretchen were more than willing to go along with it in exchange for some camera-time.

As for Tamra, she needs to decide whether she gives this nothing-rumour credence by acting insulted, or if she laugh it off and never look back. She can't have it both ways. And yes I am fully aware that her 'psychic' is often used in the same capacity as Vicki used Tamra's ex-gay BFF -- to besmirch reputations. So she is getting what she dishes out. Nevertheless, Vicki has played right into Tamra's hands by pro-actively giving the gay rumours life. She looks like the villain again, at odds with her "I'm not the bad guy" mantra, and Tamra looks like the victim. 

I wonder if this means Bravo are looking at either Vicki or Tamra to leave the show. I read another rumour (lol) that Vicki has a contract which says she can never be fired from the OC. Only she can choose to leave. If that is correct, that is very interesting but also a dumbass move on Bravo's part. I think I read that out of all the HW shows, Vicki is alone in having this kind of contractual leverage. IF it's true. And if it's true... I don't know how I feel about that.

In BH news... should we talk about this?

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/09/13/lisa-vanderpump-and-ken-todd-face-yet-another-lawsuit/

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

TamaraTattles has an axe to grind with LVP - she's never seemed to like her.

Lisa and Ken are business owners with a lot of employees. In the litigious USA employees so employers all the time. I've read a very different account about the dog shelter lawsuit that's much more favourable to Ken and Lisa. This newest one about the dog clothes is a new angle. Ultimately, lawsuits happen for a myriad reasons and not always with any basis in reality. 

• Members

No, she doesn't like LVP -- and in recent times she seems to have included Ken in that dislike, too. Ever since Yolanda claimed that Ken 'laid hands' on her at that BH Chamber of Commerce party (which the cameras showed was clearly not true), I feel like Ken has become 'fair game' for people who dislike Lisa. They see him as her Achilles heel, and that if they can get at him, they succeed in getting at her.

TT seems to feel the lawsuits are a pattern of bad conduct on the Vanderpump-Todds part. Like you, I wonder if the US is excessively litigious and whether LVP got tarnished with a couple of lawsuits which did not involve her directly but rather individual employees at Villa Blanca. I have no clue what is truth and what is lies in this latest suit, but I brought the link here to see what others thought. Also because I wondered if this is what Dorit said to LVP which made her cry (reported recently during filming of the current season of BH). TBF this could well be a mountain out of a molehill -- it is a lawsuit regarding doggie clothing, after all.

Edited by Cat

• Members

On another BH note, the ladies were all together for NYFW (I trust and believe this was filmed for the new season!), looking spectacular in fall fashions.

Dorit got a feature in something called Bella magazine so the ladies came out in support at the launch party. 

I think this is the most conservative I have ever seen Erika look! She looks like a Fox News anchor!

The Ladies Support Dorit's Bella Cover

Kyle & LVP

Kyle & Erika

New hairstyle for Rinna:

Lisa Finally Changes Her Hair

Kyle with Teddi, the new HW. I'm so glad Kyle's iconic long hair is back:

Kyle & Teddi

Front Row!

Cute! Looks like the rumors are true of these three being a trio:

Kyle, LVP, & Camille

cr

Bad old Season 6 BH is showing in syndication where I am. Watching the Reunion, I am struck at how much I really liked Kathryn and wish she was given a second chance on this show. #JusticeForKathryn. Also struck at the way she held her own when Erika went after her. She mentioned something that I missed the first time -- how in Dubai Erika talked sh!t constantly about the women and how badly they dressed/looked both on and off camera. Spill the tea, Kathryn! Cut to the next season, when they all went to Hong Kong, and Erika was visibly irritated when the other women upped their game and showed up to dinner with great outfits, hair and make-up. 

Please register in order to view this content

I believe even LVP changed her stylist between season 6 and 7. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

That's some serious eye makeup on Kyle and Erika. 

I could swear Rinna used to wear her hair like that sometimes in the '90s. I often think Lisa Rinna wishes the '90s had never ended. 

Reading the comments above about Andy Cohen not liking the endless gay-bashing "speculation" - I don't either, but it just feels hypocritical to me given the gay stereotypes the shows were happy to truck out, especially early on. One of the reasons I stopped watching Project Runway and lost a lot of interest in Bravo in general is I felt like their shows had become very crass in exploiting gay culture and campery while also pushing subtext about gay men or lgbt people being lesser and sometimes not even human. Maybe it's gotten better in recent years, I don't know. (I have no idea what Project Runway is like now as I haven't watched Lifetime since they took off The Nanny). 

• Members

You mean this?

Kyle & Erika

I was taken aback not just by the heavy eyemakeup but by the Kardashian-style contouring all over Kyle's face! Her nose and cheekbones have been contoured within an inch of their lives. She out-contoured even Erika lol. It stands out to me (as a bit of a beauty junkie) because Fenty Beauty has just launched to rave reviews (and lines around the block daily here in London), and it is kind of the anti-Kardashian matte contouring look. Very dewy, pretty makeup effect, which I think would serve both Erika and Kyle well. Both are beautiful women with great skin. They don't need these heavy contoured looks, except possibly when performing on stage. Also Kyle looks like she had a mini-facelift done about two years ago so really she has never looked younger.

LOL Rinna still lives in the 90s fashion-wise and that's ok! She is a 90s small-screen icon. TBH her piece-y highlighted hair is getting a bit too outdated for me, so I like the slick-backed look she sported above much better. I think it suits her face, brings out her pretty eyes and takes the heaviness out of those lip fillers tbh. However, I understand that La Rinna is a brand now and the Meg Ryan hair is part of that brand. 

I had the same feeling you did re: Andy Cohen's reaction. In the past he would have been like "So... is Eddie seeing anybody??" and totally loved it. I do remember back in the day Brandi, Nene and others referring to their pet gay men as "my gays" and even though I am neither male nor gay, it bothered me that my gays were on a par with my chihuahuas, you know? Having said that, I did enjoy Dwight a lot on RHOA, as well as Miss Lawrence. More recently there is Brandon, whom I class as a close friend of Kenya's more than a gay appendage. Following him on social media, I like that he presents a more rounded view of what it means to be a gay man today outside of the Bravo finger-snapping stereotype.

I can't deny as a Bravo junkie having devoured shows like Million Dollar Decorators which banked on that very stereotype also... but there is a shift in people wanting authenticity and inclusion in portrayals of people on TV. Bravo needs to up its game when it comes to fleshing out what it means to be gay or female or over 45 or black or whatever (still waiting on Latina and Asians) in its reality show franchises. Since Bravo and some of the RH brands appear to be slumping a little bit, I actually think this would serve the franchise and the network well to push the boat out a bit. They've established these real-life characters/Bravolebrities; now time to go deeper. 

Sorry, that was a long answer to your question. I haven't watched Project Runway in a long time, except that I will always love Tim Gunn lol. I think he's a good guy (I never see him decimate or humiliate the contestants for sport) and an actual authority when it comes to the technical side of fashion.

Edited by Cat

• Members

You mean her and Erika? ETA: Oh wait, i read too fast. You liked Eden? Im surprised, for some reason i thought you felt she was a dud!

@Antoyne me too I didn't understand why she wasn't asked back. I think she would have done another season, and LVP and Kyle (and Kim) really liked her (Kyle still maintains contact with her). However, it seemed that right after S6 reunion, Bravo announced that she wasn't returning. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Agree.

As I have gotten older, when it comes to TV I know as a gay black man I definitely want to see more diversity and while I have my diva moments, I have my grown A&& man moments and would like to see other things than the finger snapping stereotype that it would seem the general populace seem to think the whole community is made up of. Same opinion when it comes to being black.  One thing I loved when I finally watched INSECURE Season 1 was the diversity among the black characters and it rang so true.

That said...your pictures are making me hunger for RHoBH to return. And I see Ms. Camille is front and center.

• Members

Cheshire

Stacy: "I havent seen Dawn in a whle." aka, we dont see each other when we arent filming

I liked the premiere, more so than last years. Stacy and Seema are still useless and should have been dropped

Too many damn bitches

LOVE her tagline Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Spooky! I am binge-watching Insecure right now! It came up as a recommendation for me, so I downloaded the first episode and voila, here I am almost at the end of S2! I'm not black so I appreciate that it gives me a new perspective, but I can relate to not being invested in a job, or the job not being invested in me (as a female). lol who hasn't cringed at (or maybe recognised themselves in) the tryhard yet tone-deaf wokeness of Issa's work colleagues. Who doesn't have that perfect, know-it-all friend? And of course who hasn't messed up their relationships with foolish decisions? The irony is that bar a couple of (always appreciated) sex scenes, Insecure could and should be soap fodder. It has such a clear vision about the characters and where the SLs are going, and the locations are perfectly chosen and shot. So why is Y&R talking about their characters as 'archetypes' and shooting in CBS's dumpster alley??? Anyhoo that is a rant for another day.

But like I said, Bravo has the resources to put real-life people with multi-dimensional personalities, diverse backgrounds and rich life experience on its shows. People are crying out for more of that, not less! It doesn't have to give up its finger-snap divas to do that, either.

Re: BH, I got excited when I saw the NYFW pics too. I hope that trip gets featured! Usually BH starts in late November so soooon... And I assume Atlanta will be getting an early November start.

Edited by Cat