Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

The Miami premiere was good, but once again, it makes NO SENSE to have Marysol as a "Friend." From the previews and from the amount she appeared in the premiere, she is basically a housewife. Even if at some point she misses a few events or episodes, it still seems like she'll be an important part of the series, they even have continued her talking heads.

The only thing I *didn't* love was Alexia back full-time. I enjoyed her the first two season because there were more women, but with her back full-time that means a heavier focus on her family life which I've never been fond of. There is something very guarded about her, which I don't like. I would've preferred Ana and Marysol back and keep her as a friend. Her main appeal for me are her looks.

Lea was very sneaky and calculated in her moves this episode. Especially when she pulled out Adriana's art to throw that in her face. A real friend wouldn't do that, even once the relationship breaks up. Also, I just watched the reunion yesterday and Lea went IN on Adriana very early in part 1. Adriana DID support Lea in the Marysol feud, both during the series and also the reunion. She didn't defend her with the Ana thing, but I don't think anybody could because that was fresh information and between the two of them. Nobody knew enough to defend Ana OR Lea in that regard. I think Adriana, for all her drama, is very up front about most things and she *did* seem like a good friend to Lea.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

First off, Tamra did bring receipts! Receipts that back up the allegations about Gretchen, allegations she still ludicrously denies. A lying liar who lies.

And Lauri's son Josh does not and did not have cancer. She was using cancer as a metaphor for his drug addiction (specifically, heroine) saying that he was currently in remission.

• Members

Even if Gretchen did admit to sleeping with the other guy, it wouldnt stop anything. Tamra and Vicki are obsessively jealous and hateful of her, so theyd still bring it up because its all they have to try and use against her. It makes them look terrible too because there are far more recent things they could use, and it isnt like they live in a skeleton free world either. None of it matters tho, because Vicki will never see that she is a hypocrite when the proof is literally in front of her (Her judgement of slade, then dating brooks, the biggest example) and Tamra is trash that married rich and left him when he wasnt so rich and she was to latch onto another man who seems hardly interested in her and I am sure has cheated a time or ten in her life that she would deny, deny, deny.

I do think gretchen slept with him. I think Jeff knew and didnt care. I think out of respect for him and his kids, she isnt going to admit it and I dont blame her, esp because shes still close with his kids it seems. The treatment of her by them when she came on and her man was dying was truly disgusting, getting her blackout wasted and tamra pimping her son out to make her look bad is still one of the most shocking, disgusting moments in reality tv history and thats saying A LOT. And both Tamra and Vicki basically deny any wrongdoing.

They are obsessed with her for many reasons, jealousy, need for story lines, trying to make themseleves look better, etc... and tamra is smart, she knows how to play this game and stay on the show and shifting friends and enemies is what works. she has made the show much better, and i think will cont to add a lot. i am sure next season she will turn on heather or new bff jesus juggs or horse and in the end try to being gretchen and vicki together. vicki is just a tragic mess all around in her personal life, sadly. she has no self worth, and thats why she throws herself into the one aspect of her life that is successful - work. she even seems to have basically lost brianna due to cheating on don with brooks and then forcing him into their lives and blaming don for basically everything.

While I do think Vicki/Tamra/Gretchen are absolutely needed on this show, they also need some new dynamics. Heather was a great addition and still is, but they need to fire the other two and bring on two new people to see how they fit in and what they add to the show.

• Members

I think the only one that will be fired is Alexis. She ws lucky to even be brought back. I think Lydia's audition for season 9 is working and if she wants back, I think Andy will bring her especially with the potential of a feud with Heather to play out. Plus she adds dynamics to the women vs Gretchen/Slade, she adds a new element as she doesn't have that long tired history that Vicki/Tamara do.

Lauri was clearly fighting for a spot back and Andy orchestrated her storyline to usher her back in. I think she'll take it now.

Season 9 will defiantly be, Vicki, Tamra, Gretchen, Heather, Lydia and Lauri. I can honestly say each woman has something to offer which seems rare these days bc theres always 1 or 2 or even more that clearly need to be dropped (I guess Alexis counts). Im not sure If they will want to go with another 7 women cast after scaling back on Miami. Bringing on 1 or 2 friends could help switch things up

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a reason why the OC women have new quotes every season, but some of the others reuse the same one year after year?

The one who seems to have the most consistently well-written tags is Alexis, even though I assume she's fairly disposable to the show.

(still not sure how someone was actually persuaded to use "my tank is full, and I'm driving into my future")

Is the season 5 NYC opening anywhere?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Vicki hsd the love tank thing, because shes gone on forever about her love tank lol.

OC does have great openings. IDK why they change theirs every season and others dont, so I cant answer that. But i like it.

I know the wives usually have input on it but Andy selects what one to use, i bet Alexis' are all written for her and she doesnt input anything they use lol.

Heather from OC and Heather from NYC have talked about the opening quote process, as far as I know, both said basically the same, they record like 5-8 and then turn it over to production/andy to pick. I also know one wife wasnt happy with the one they selected and tried to make it an issue was told to sit down, lol. but i forget who

• Members

Speaking of openings, I wish they had updated the shots of the women in the opening. Everyone has their opening pose from last season except Alexia of course. The final shot with the drinks is different but the intros for the women and graphics used in the show are old. Seems lazy like they did with NJ but at least I guess the Miami one wasn't done with Windows XP Movie Maker, so it at least holds up

• Members

Well I may be wrong on this but my here's my opinion.... All of the shows are owned and distributed by Bravo but each individual shows are produced by seperate production companies. I think each particular production company decides when to change up an opening and tag lines. When BH debuted I think it was the first series to not have families in the background and was also really sleek and modern compared to the others. NYC and ATL changed up their openings to be on par with them. And now OC and NJ are the only ones that resemble the old ones.( NJ needs new opening badly!) MIA also got completely new music when they changed production companies in Season 2. I don't think Bravo really mandates it, they just do it.

Speaking of Alexis I don't like this one: "Jesus is my savior, My husband is my king, and my body is sinful".... really cringeworthy

Couldn't find the NYC one on Youtube.

• Members

OMG, I am shocked at seeing Frankie, Alexia's son. They all kept saying the car accident was very bad but I did not expect to see him barely able to walk and looking like he was having trouble functioning. How completely nightmarish. Shudder

• Members

My favorite tagline ever is Camille's from Season 2 of BH.

Teresa and Joe both plead not guilty today so looks like Joe is not even going to try and take responsibility for Tre's actions as well as his own. This is not going to end well.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

So Gretchen cheating on Jeff was bought up again!?!?! This is one of the reasons why I think Gretchen needs to go since the show has focused on this past conflict to the point of annoyance. Cutting her and Alexis, and adding one new housewife plus adding Jeana back would totally give the show some new blood. Adding Lydia was a good start, but the show needs to do a little more then surface changes to jump start the show going into season 9.

• Members

That's the episode where Ana goes to visit Alexia at her house, right? I really felt for Alexia in that episode- it totally humanizes her IMO. I actually better understood the way she reacts to Karent at her party (not sure if that episode is before or after that one) because of it. Alexia was just stressed out of her mind at that point and Karent bringing up her son was a bad, BAD move.