Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I said that because I don't believe Adrienne is an essential part of RHOBH. If she keeps on threatening to sue people when she doesn't like what they say or when she doesn't like what she thinks they will say they should axe her. IF. I also hate when they decide not to attend reunions like Jacqueline (RHONJ). With RHOBH, it also can be argued that the drama is coming from some of the girls hating on Brandi for being Brandi as much as it's coming from anything Adrienne is doing.

Taylor threatened to sue last season (or the season before that) which was the source of a lot of drama, how important is she this season?

Also, I honestly wouldn't care if they fired the whole cast of RHONJ. As I've said before that show literally makes me feel sick to the stomach.

• Members

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's about "rules" depending on the housewife. I think it's about how valuable the housewife is. Teresa is VERY valuable in many ways, and over many seasons, to her franchise, therefore the gag order wasn't going to get her fired. Adrienne is pretty much irrelevant, except for the drama with Brandi. So, if she is unwilling to talk about it, then good riddance. It's her only claim to relevancy on the show, and if she doesn't wan it out there then bye, boo! Unlike Teresa, her exit wouldn't tank the show. That's why Teresa would never be fired over it - even with the gag order, Teresa offers a LOT to NJ. If Adrienne gets a gag order, she is making herself completely useless to the show, hence it being totally appropriate that she be cut.

• Members

What he said. Andy would have hurt NJ had it gotten rid of Teresa. The same cant be said about BH and Adrienne. He IS a businessman after all and Bravo is about producing a show and making money. Of course he's going to assess that when it comes to his decision making

• Members

Exactly! Andy may have been pissed over Teresa's gag order, but he's smart enough to know that that issue was FAR from Teresa's only claim to relevance on the show, and obviously not worth firing her over. It's not as if the gag order prevented Teresa from adding to the show - she provided a lot more drama and is integral to her show. The Brandi issue is literally the only thread Adrienne has left to the show. If she's going to play the gag order, then it would make sense for her to go. Why keep her around when there's only one thing keeping her relevant, which she refuses to address? Like you said, it's a business decision. It's not about "one set of rules for all housewives."

• Members

It may not be fair but its life and happens all the time and Im sure many if not most of us have seen this in the workplace as well. Ive seen people Ive worked with who have been at the company for years and very good at their job get away with a lot more than someone who isn't as vital to the company bc at the end of the day, getting rid of them would hurt the business. Its not a foreign concept

• Members

That was my question.

And while I understand the reasoning re: why Teresa could get away with a gag order on Bravo but not Adrienne, I think that if Teresa DID threaten/blackmail Andy Cohen with legal aggresssion similar to what Adrienne has done, she should be equally punished. Yes, Teresa is the driving force behind RHoNJ. She is the breakout star (and, unlike Andy Cohen, I think she could front her own cooking/lifestyle show and make it a success, unlike Dina Manzo's House Party) but RHoNJ is a horrible toxic monster now and if it were put out of its misery now, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I don't "buy" any of it. It's clear the whole thing is a sham, right down to Caroline's family relationships, Jacqueline's sanity, Teresa's marriage and Melissa's fake martyrdom/victimhood. RHoBH is totally scripted, too, but I think some of these rivalries, friendships, threats and mega-money are 100% real, and that's why I am invested.

• Members

Keep: Lisa, Camille, Yolanda.

These three are the only one that have the extreme wealth I associate with BH.

Truth be told, I hold this show to a higher standard than the other franchises. IMO, it's above the crazy drama that`s been playing out this season. This show needs to be about fabulous parties, $15,000 handbags and jet-setting.

Kyle is too much of a [!@#$%^&*] stirrer and on her own, doesn`t add much to the show.

Brandi is too trashy and cheap for this show

For her health and sanity, Kim needs to leave.

I don`t see Adrienne staying on the show, especially after she threatened legal action on Bravo.

Taylor has been irrelevant the entire season.

• Members

Exactly!

NJ became way too toxic for me to watch and the fact that it's 100% contrived really did it in for me.

BH, on the other hand, a lot of the relationships and rivalries we see are real, it's the set up situations that are contrived, but what we actually see playing out...I don't think anyone could have anticipated Brandi v Adrienne this year being based on Adrienne's (alleged) use of a surrogate.

The same can be said of RHOV, the relationships are very real and the negativity and the money and the sadness and the alcoholism is very real too...it's the situations that are contrived, but we can accept that and enjoy it.

I would guess the NJ women don't even know who they really are anymore.

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

If Teresa had sense, she would quit RHONJ as no amount of money is worth that mess. If she did indeed or does indeed have some type of gag order it didn't stop her from being annihilated on the series and on the reunions. It added .5 to her army of one, if even. Teresa isn't a good army of one either. She's like a mentally challenged version of Brandi.

That's what makes RHONJ kind of disgusting to me, it's literally like vultures trying to kill and eat something ... with absolutely no balance. Bravo and Andy also clearly seem to want to kill and then eat Teresa too if I'm remembering moments from that reunion accurately.

• Members

Unpopular opinion but I still love NJ. With that said , I don't think Id mind if Bravo completely retooled it by getting rid of all the housewives and rebooting it with a new cast, setting and tone and promote as a new series

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

You're obviously not alone Cheap, after Atlanta, it's the highest rated arm of the franchise.

For me, around the half-way mark of last season, I remember on more than one occasion really wanting to put the channel on Bravo to watch RHONJ but feeling like I just couldn't. I realized it was almost physically challenging for me to watch the s--t that goes on within that show. It just happened.

I really wish they would do that. The All-New Housewives of New Jersey.