DOOL: SOD List of Actors Returning for Alice Horton's Sendoff

Guest dc cubs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if you watch the YOUTUBE videos of TOm Horton's funeral while Billie and Gina are rudly talking in the background you hear Alice talking about Tom and the ones who went before him "Addie and Tommy" so i guess they killed Tommy off screen some time in 1994 before Tom Horton Died? how did we not catch that back in 94?? lol

• Members
I was looking for the "like" button. Too much time on Facebook will do that for ya. lol

Anyway. I'm happy to see all these actors returning!

Hahaha! So true. The show went from Boredomeville to better days, and it actually all started when they left. lol

• Members

I was strictly talking about John and Marlena not ALL long-term characters. If John had stayed dead, there could have been so many places to take Marlena. But together, they were just stuck as JohnandMarlena, not two separate people, but a couple. There was really nothing you could do with them, and I think Gary Tomlin made a smart decision in letting those characters rest.

• Members

I miss John and Marlena. The show could have done stuff with them just as they do stuff with Bo and Hope or Sami. If it was strictly money I can understand that, but the show did not get better because John and Marlena left, it got better and could have gotten better whether they left or not. This is like saying the show got better in spite of the fact Bo and Hope did not leave. One has nothing to do with the other.

Anyway, lately I am not even sure the show is better. How much longer can the show torture the audience with Baby Sydney?

• Members

John and Marlena were played out. The only reason Bope have any story is because of Carly. What could they have done for John and Marlena without a third party, Stefano, or a microchip that wouldn't have been boring? If Deidre Hall had stayed all she would have been doing is supporting Sami through this Sydney drama. I am glad they were fired because it gave other veterans like Suzanne Rogers a chance to do their thing.

• Members

Getting this topic back on a topic- but still speaking of Deidre- she posted some pictures from the cast memorial for Frances Reid on her webpage:

http://deidrehall.me/news.html

Alison Sweeney also talked about it: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=70086073488&topic=14184

Soap Opera Digest's summary of the memorial: http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Archived