DOOL: SOD List of Actors Returning for Alice Horton's Sendoff

Guest dc cubs

• Members

I don't miss John and Marlena at all. At least John whom I hated. Marlena could have been viable if she had let her live without this horrible John Black. Anyway, Dee Hall should have been asked to be back for the funeral. I remember a scene in which Marlena had a nightmare and called Alice. It was very touching and I can't imagine Marlena missing Alice's funerl.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Corday is the executive producer. It doesn't matter if Tomlin delivered the news--Corday could've stopped him if he wanted to keep Deidre.

The highest paid vets DID NOT have to go. Dee and Drake were willing to work for peanuts. Remember, they weren't even asked to take a pay cut even though they were willing.

What was left for John and Marlena? Plenty. There is always new story to write with those characters. They're great.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather see a cancelled Days of Our Lives than a Days of Our Lives without Marlena and John. Days lost me as a viewer forever when they fired the stars of the show.

• Members

I imagine Days will say Bill Horton and Tommy Horton are "in the other room" rather than recast either role. It would be silly to bring on new actors for a funeral when we, the viewers, have no connection to them.

Bill Horton should've been recast circa 1997 and gotten involved in a love triangle with Kate and Laura (while Victor was in the nursing home). Even if the hypothetical actor had been written out by now, he could've returned for Alice's funeral and it would've added more emotional resonance.

• Members

:rolleyes:

They might as well just say that Tommy is dead. I can't belive they have ignored him for so long. He wasn't even at Tom's funeral.

I am prepared to eat crow if they don't ask Deidre back for the finale.

I just really don't see Corday not doing that, but we'll just have to sit back and wait.

• Members

Beats the heck outta me. Chances are, if John were to hang around, we'd get yet another retcon of his origins. ("No, wait, he's not Colleen and Santo's love child! He's actually Bo's fraternal twin brother!") Frankly, I'm glad DAYS decided to spare us from that.

• Members

No, what they needed was a writer who could cohere all of John's established timelines into one complete whole.

I've done it. I have a "timeline/history" of John Black that reconciles all of the timelines, retcons, adoptions, births, etc. And it accounts for why his Brady/DiMera blood matched Alamain blood. Would anyone be interested in reading it?

• Members

People are always goign to disagree about letting the DH's go. It was a shitty way it went down, but in the end the best move the show could make and it set them free. Those damn supercouples held that show hostage as did their fanbases. Theres really nothing to debate, the ratings and the renewal speak for themselves.

And it doesnt matter id DHx2 were willing to take a paycut. The show got a 40% budget slash. 40 effing percent. Thats a hell of a lot. So either you fire all supporting players or you start from the top. If you think just the teens and melanie make up DH's income, think again. Letting them go also forced DAYS to use Stefano, Maggie & Victor in an actual way of substance rather than background. Caroline for a bit too, i do wish they would use her more again. But i would take Maggie, Victor, Stefano over John, Marlena, Patch & Kayla any day of the week, and i LOVED Marlena.

Another thing i do agree with that was said above, Marlena could have been used and still had story. Sadly Marlena vashed and was merged into JohnMar. When the show tried to free her and change her and use her by killing John off the fans freaked and the show caved and brought John back. At that point i knew Marlena and John would both be gone soon. The thing i hate the most from it was that we lost Sandra Ferguson, lol. I love her and loved that she came to Days.

But yes, the Days of today is NOT the Days of the 80's. Just like the Days of the 80's was not the Days of the 70's and the 90's wasnt the 80's. It happens. There was a DAYS long before Marlena Evans came to town, there was a Days when she left the first time, and there is a DAYS after shes gone.

Oh, and i do wish she would be asked and accept to return for Alice's funeral. There is no excuse for Marlena not to be there.

Archived