DOOL: SOD List of Actors Returning for Alice Horton's Sendoff

Guest dc cubs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Listen, I'll take back Drake, but not w/ Deidre, and not as "John Black, Hero to One and All." I'd much prefer the petulant, mischievous sort John became once Ken Corday hired him back he came back from the dead.

• Members

Drake Hogestyn is a good soap opera actor. He doesn't need to be Laurence Olivier because the medium doesn't require it. Drake embodies a role and makes it his own. That's what matters.

Deidre is just as talented as Oscar winners like Meryl Streep. It's a shame Days doesn't care about her talent.

• Members

Meryl Streep? Really?

Perhaps, the comparison works for the likes of Beverlee McKinsey or even Elizabeth Hubbard, but not Deidre Hall. Those two names almost don't belong in the same sentence, let alone category.

• Members

Back on topic, People. ok, Deidre and Drake are not on coming back. its a done deal. I love both actors, but they were not asked back. lets get over it. "A steady drip of water wears a hole in a rock". Anyway, wouldnt it be nice if Laura and Bill come back and moved in with Doug and Julie at the horton home. I good Bill recast could be one of the storm brothers of OLTL fame since my ideal Bill recast is on as the Governer...........Stuart Damon! Bill and Tommy are recastable and could come back grieving at the service because they are not around during Alice last years like the others, and blame themselves for not looking out for her. I can see some actor taking on those roles and making them household names again. Larry Bryggman could take Tommy to new heights, with a recast Sandy (Beth Chamberlain/Krista Tersau) and Steve (Justin Deas.

RIP Mrs. Horton & Frances Reid, Character nor Actress will be forgotten!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dc cubs

Days is currently taping the Alice memorial scenes. This is a tweet from Judie Henninger who is the Days promo person.

• Members

I sure hope they don't have any Carrie/Mike scenes or try to put them back together.

From the sounds of it, Alice will quickly fall ill and her family and friends will rush back to Salem to say goodbye before the end, and then they will stick around for the funeral. Ken Corday's initial interview made it sound like this story would play out over a longer period of time.

Archived