Best and worst year (That you have seen) for each soap??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R - 2008, 2009

DAYS - 2007

GL - 1996, 2003, 2008

AMC - 2000, 2001, 2009

OLTL - 1999, 2000

RH - 1981

AW - 1996

Was 2000/2001 AMC really that bad? They had Bianca's coming out story that was better in my book than anything in Mctavish's last few years on the show.

• Members

Was 2000/2001 AMC really that bad? They had Bianca's coming out story that was better in my book than anything in Mctavish's last few years on the show.

- buttinsky Rae hitting Adam with a cream pie

- boring Alex Devane and a bizarre, pointless "mystery" with the woman from Chitty Bang Bang as one of a dozen mothers from hell on the show at this time

- Libidizone

- cheap ass exit for the Dillon family

- Tad/Leslie Coulson

- Mateo's finger pointing of (self)-righteous fury

- Erica/Chris Stamp

- Bianca and Dogboy, Bianca and the "mean girls"

- anything with Dogboy, a shameful and bewildering creation, too offensive to contemplate, and a few steps above Mandingo

- Gillian drained of all life as she was degraded into being Jake's perfect (and...how appropriate, mute!) wife

- Neurotic, twitchy, sexually confused Laura, played by an actress who had no idea what she was doing (neither did the writers)

- endless Greenlee yapping, with the nauseating reminders that we were supposed to love her because she was a poor little rich girl without a daddy

- Gillian shot in the head moments before her honeymoon

- people kicking down her hospital room door to all but yank out her heart

- her heart going to Laura, who, aside from the brief time she became a bitch, was too worthless to live

- Ryan nailing Liza AND Mia about five minutes after Gillian died

• Members

Another World: 1974

The Young & The Restless: 1973

Days Of Our Lives 1976

The Edge of Night: 1971

One Life To Live: 1979

General Hospital: 1979, 1994

All My Children: 1972

Love of Life: 1974

Peyton Place: 1966

The Guiding Light: 1966

As The World Turns: 1956

Dark Shadows: 1967

• Members

I thought 1996 was awful but I left it off only because of the John/Lisa story. I thought 1997 was also quite poor. And the Hogan/Passanante years...I wasn't thrilled with 1994 either but as with my memories of 1994 GL (face cream! Nick yelling Melinda and Alexandra 50 times a week), I think they may be tainted and if I watched the episodes over again, without the anger and disappointment I had at the time, I might enjoy them more.

Archived