Y&R: Potpourri Thread 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was reading the newest interview from Raunch/Bell and here are some of my thoughts:

The actors they choose to showcase are either horrible or they phone in their performances. Please never mention Bill Bell in any of your interviews ever again.

The only legacy characters they seem to care about are Billy, Lily, occasionally Chloe and Daniel. Unfortunately this show sees Cane and Kevin as legacy characters and Amber gets priority over characters like Mac and Colleen.

This show is guilty of making the same mistake as well. At this current moment two of the biggest show eaters are young characters, Billy and Adam. The Scooby gang is the definition of Callow. Noah is the only teenager worth a damn.

At least we know why they write Katherine as the town saint and Victor as "getting revenge". They have no idea that this is making these characters lose their popularity, at least Victor anyways.

I wonder why Hogan Sheffer hasn't given an interview yet.

• Members

I saw that interview too. My favorite parts were when they said that the Patty and Ashley stories were "fun". I was horrified by Ashley's story, what was done to her when she was mentally ill, down to being hounded into miscarrying on the ranch floor and being examined by a molester. Yet there was always an undertone in the story that suggested we were supposed to get off on her pain. Now I know why. And Patty's story should not in any way be fun. She has been insane for decades according to the script and began a killing spree that involved animals, children, and Australians. Yet there was again the bad attempt at camp. No wonder they latched onto Mr. Kitty to try to hide just how ugly most of the story was.

It would be one thing if they said hey, these stories aren't supposed to be logical, but no, Rauch says in the interview that the stories are "psychological" and they are not unrealistic, as Reva being cloned was (which he did say he thought worked emotionally). That story worked for me because it never claimed to be realistic. These stories, which are so ugly and in your face, are also very half-a$$ed, because they try to find some psychological reason to justify plot-driven madness. So we get crap like oh, it's all Hope's fault, bad mommies strike again, no more butter churns! and so on.

I imagine someone is keeping a lid on him after his comments at DAYS and ATWT. His "vision" is certainly rampant at Y&R, so I have no idea what type of weird or offensive remarks he might make if he were asked about, say, Sharon as a nympho klepto.

• Members

Maria also claimed that Bill Bell did far out stories and sited the Tyrone goes undercover and Brad in a cage as examples.

The difference is that those stories were told years apart because Bill Bell knew you had to pace things,whereas Maria has had kidnappings,back from the dead,mental illness,baby swappings,evil doubles etc all in one year,

Rauch says those stories work on Y&R because they could happen in real life!Yes,a mentally ill woman could masquerade as her double and her husband and others don't have a clue.

A man could fake his death despite dying in front of relatives, and a heart transplant recipient could bounce back within months.

These two are deluded and a once great show has been destroyed.

• Members

I remember there was a thread with some of the Y&R anniversary photos from SOD, but I can't find the thread.

Sony has pics up now too. There are some different ones; I thought they were interesting. Glad to see a BLONDE MTS!

http://www.theyoungandtherestless.com/specials/gallery_5311.html

These are the older pics that got posted in the last week or two. I know they were discussed on here, but I'm not seeing where. I guess Cat's EXCELLENT B&B captioned-thread erased my memory, LOL.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/multimedia/slideshows/yr_37th_anniversary_party/index.html

It was nice to see some last pics of Vail in the CBS version:

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_young_and_the_restless/photos/photos.php?v=40773

• Members

Work that MAB connection, Liz H! You, too, Eric.

Stacy Haiduk all over John Driscoll -- Y&R's WASPy answer to Lisa LoCicero!

Honestly, though, I am stunned by how beautiful everybody looks compared with the way they appear on screen. Like, MTS is wearing almost no make-up and she looks gorgeous (and makes me wish Nikki and Paul were given, like, a chance). Amelia Heinle looks alive -- more than alive, positively vibrant. And Lauralee Bell -- I never thought the Bug was a looker but here, she looks like a blast.

• Members

Today, on The Young and the Restless

Michael has an aneurusm when he accidentally sees Daisy naked in her bedroom (she was masturbating). Laughing evilly, Daisy leaves Michael there to die and goes to her Chamber of Doom where Jana is still locked, with her pet mouse, Nemo. Jana tells Nemo that she loves Kevin and her love for Kevin will help her get through this. Kevin, meanwhile, sees a real chipmunk running around Crimson Lights and thinks that his craziness is coming back. To stop himself from thinking that, he rapes Amber, who agrees to take it because otherwise he will expose to everyone that her hair is dyed. Daniel wonders where his ho has gone, so he starts looking for her. Will he figure out what Kevin did? Malcolm is very excited at the prospect of joining a national sandwich-making competition. Neil is very supportive of him and promises to buy him all the materials needed to practice, because Malcolm is running low on money. Adam wakes up smelling something. Going to the Newman living room, he finds Ashley burning dead dogs. But it's just a dream! Waking up, Adam turns to Sharon for comfort, telling her he needs her to help him forget his demons. Sharon takes that literally, so she calls her friend Namakasha to perform an exorcism. Namakasha, however, is busy with Dr. Marlena Evans and will not be available for two days. So they decide to have sex to pass the time. Meanwhile, Ashley gets pregnant by a random man she met at a bar, has a miscarriage and a breakdown. She is locked up in an asylum by a teary Victor, who tells her she's gaga. Ashley cries as we fade out....

• Members

Yep, Mac #2, if that's who you mean. I didn't necessarily hate her, even though with the recast came almost a total rewrite of the character.

I'm so sad Bashioum didn't really get to play the storyline with Ralf coming back. That was such a promising storyline from the start, it would have been great to see her handle it.

• Members

MTS does look amazing in those pictures and i agreed nikki and paul should have been given a chance instead of the writers ignoring them and throwing both characters under the bus for some propping of victor.

EB looks really old I am still wishing he would just retire victor acting as the last action man is really embrassing to see and very unbelieveable. nikki with victor is also not working the couple have no spark. it's like watching ashley being with victor again. which was just boring and werid, MTS just doesn't seem to be comforable within the pairing she looks medication and dazed in most of her scenes.maybe she hates being written as a prop.

funny seeing MAB taking credit for for the ratings in france seeing how france is 3 and half years behind America.

Archived