Dancing with the Stars: Season 10

• Members

Niecy Nash? I like her well enough, but what is her reputation for?

Last season, they had Ashley Hamilton, whose reputation was having a famous relative. Not to mention previous names like Jeffrey Ross, who were known by a tiny amount of people.

The cast has its share of famous people but given that many of them were last famous in 1994, or are famous for being lousy mothers with stupid hair, I don't mind having a good looking and somewhat charming guy to fill the void. I don't watch the show for headlines or controversy and the fact that ABC thinks that what it takes is one of the reason their ratings have fallen.

I already said this in the other thread but if I have to put up with Cameron Mathison on DWTS and ruining AMC for over a decade, then a few weeks of Aiden Turner, who generally made a lot of poor AMC years not as awful when I watched them, is not the worst thing.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm starting to think you have a secret crush on Aiden ;) (Teasing). I get that, and certainly I'd rather se ehim win that Kate G, for example.

Niecy Nash has quite a heavy media presence--she's one of those constant VH1 talking heads, is more often than not on Chelsea Lately, etc...

• Members

Niecy's also a regular panelist on The Insider/Extra whatever.

First time I saw her was on that Clean Your House show.

And excuse me Carl, but Ashley Hamilton brought minutes of enjoyment to fans of NBC's Sunset Beach. :P

• Members

Those are shows which are cult programs but which a lot of people don't see. I wouldn't be surprised if they had about the same ratings as AMC. Chelsea Lately might be more known but VH1 is the pits these days.

It's not that I am saying he's famous, because he's not, I'm just saying that the standard of that show isn't exactly for big names these days. If I ever thought they were at a better standard I couldn't after they dragged out Ashley Hamilton, whom I last saw being dumped in favor of Eddie Cibrain on Sunset Beach 13 years ago.

The weird thing is I've never really seen Aiden Turner's appearances outside of AMC, so if people who say he's arrogant are right, I'll probably want him to go away. And he probably will, as the voting public don't take to that.

That was when the show was still filmed through pea soup wasn't it? So he's even less famous... :lol:

• Members

Yep, their film look. Until now I didn't realize Ashley Hamilton was the one replaced on Sunset Beach as Cole--he was AWFUL, that I do remember (made Turner look like Monty Clift).

I've never even heard of this Clean Your House show, but I think niecy is at least a face people will realize they recognize, lol. But no, I definitely agree that the show is hardly A (or even B) level celebs (in fact I think this year is more so than the past couple of seasons have been...)

• Members

If I could pair them up, based on the dancers returning, I could go for:

Pam Anderson - Tony Dovolani

Buzz Aldrin - Anna Trebunskaya

Chad Ococinco - Edyta Sliwinska

Evan Lysacek - Cheryl Burke

Aiden Turner - Kym Johnson

Kate Gosselin - Louis van Amstel

Nicole Scherzinger - Mark Ballas

Niecy Nash - Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Shannon Doherty - Alec Mazzo

Erin Andrews - Damian Whitewood

Jake Pavelka - Chelsie Hightower

I could understand Mya, but not so much Lil Kim. I dont think takign off your clothes and parading around on stage as a stripper counts as the same type of dancing...lol

• Members
There was Sabrina Bryan as well. And don't forget Joey Fatone. Even though he was way bigger when he was on DWTS, he still has the boyband dancing background. Glad Apolo beat him though!! :) Then there was Joey's "team mate" Lance Bass.

None of them won though. So I suppose the dancing backgrounds did them any good. At least it didn't get them the trophy. lol

Anyway. This is a list of the couples:

Buzz Aldrin & Ashly DelGrosso-Costa

Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood

Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Shannen Doherty & Mark Ballas

Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani

Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya

Niecy Nash & Louis van Amstel

Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke

Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower

Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough

Aiden Turner & Edyta Śliwińska

Btw. I'm sooooo glad Samantha Harris is gone! I'm hoping Melissa Rycroft (second choice Brooke Burke) will take over! Please don't let Drew Lachey be the replacement. Can't stand him.

• Members

I actually LOVE this list, this is going to be a great season. I'll definitely be rooting for most, if not everyone this season. I've been a huge fan of the Bachelor this season, so seeing Jake's name on the list surprised me. Love Doherty, Anderson, Niecey Nash (LOVE her on The Insider!).. huge fan of Erin Andrews (her and Max look great together), Kate Gosselin should be interesting on here, Chad Ochocinco is going to be on a show, he's insane.

And AIDEN TURNER! God, AMC must feel really stupid letting him go and four months later he joins DWTS.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived