OLTL: Discussion for the week February 22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's sick and twisted. You realize you're talking about a child?

Really it's rape-baby Sam you should be worried about.

EDIT: I just saw your "upon reflection" post. But I stand behind my Sam assessment. The child of Todd and MARGARET COCHRAN?? Good lord! Bree Brennan, watch out!

• Members

I like how Jack was doing the Carlton Dance at one point. There were also a number of Calvin & Hobbes panels he seemed to use as dance moves.

Also, Tea's interpretative dance and Matthew's serious moves were hilarious.

I also liked Greg and Rachel's continuing struggle with his parents because however lackluster we may consider parts of their stories (and I don't think it's exactly Dru, Neil, Malcolm and Olivia), there is still a canvas to be found and different relationships within it. On most soaps today these kind of families and spouses would all be part of one amorphous whole with no real dissent or dimension or facets; here, Rachel, Greg, and Sky have their own story going, while when they reconnect with the Evanses they are still in the [!@#$%^&*] because of what they did to Shaun. It's a whole other story track as opposed to them all standing around being happy and not-white together. Looking at you, Boudreaus.

• Members

Git it Jack! :lol:

I am seriously in stitches over this clip, I can't get enough of all the cool mugs and moves the characters are trying to make. And Rachel looks like she was ready to follow Snoop back to California. How ironic. But 2:20-2:30 is my favorite part, when Todd goes to reign Jack in and Matthew's stank face! And pin Jack's thuggish crotch grab at the end. Hahaha, favorited! 5 stars!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHUN2bxX1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHUN2bxX1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHUN2bxX1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

But comparing Y&R to OLTL is like comparing one exclusive whites only country club with the one down the street. No soap should be held up as a standard of excellence anymore. The facts are clear. Daytime isn't going to ever invest in black folk. They don't care and it doesn't even matter if we're talking about a Hall, Gray, Gannon, Williamson, Ward, Winters, Hubbard or Barber. They've screwed over ever single one of them. And yes OLTL screws over its black folk just as much as the other soaps. Its no longer a matter of if and instead is a matter of when. I can no longer hold OLTL up as a example. Not after they fired DD. Not when it happened in Black History month. Rachel is the last straw, least for me. We haven't seen Dr. Wright in months and they brought her back not because Sean needed someone but because conveniently Snoop was on. I'm a big fan of Tonye Pattano and Frankie and Faison's work but their roles on OLTL make me sad. I enjoyed Snoop today. I enjoyed the inconsequential story conflict within the interpersonal relationships of the Evans family. I just can't help thinking if Snoop were ever placed on contract on OLTL, they'd find a way to screw him over too.

That's the end of my soap box.

Snoop loves Blair. That was cool. Oh and Todd fighting Nora and Bo over their kids. Sounds so soapy.

• Members

I watched Snoop's performance on YT. I love it. Snoop rocks! It looks like everyone except that Todd who has a perpetual stuck up his ass is enjoying themselves. I don't why they bother to have TSJ in those scenes. He is such a buzz kill. Of course, they pulled out all the black characters and even more black day players to dance at the club. I much prefer this kind of cast partying to the horrific karoake on GH.

Archived