OLTL: Discussion for the week February 22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't speak for anyone else, but Farah Fath's acting is always showing. I never can get into the character, because I'm always watching Farah Fath's acting. It was especially a shame in her scenes with Scott, because he was so spot on and delivered such an outstanding scene, it only highlighted that she was acting. I always see FF instead of Gigi. FF acting outraged. FF acting hurt. The story gets lost in her acting.

• Members

I don't think her reactions were wrong, it was how she conveyed those reactions. Seeing her in a scene that was this dramatic opposite a competent acting partner really showed how awkward FF is IMO. I still enjoyed the show and those scenes overall but I think she came up short in conveying the full range of emotions and because of it the scenes came off a little campy for me. Basically I think the direction and writing was spot on the acting fell short. I definitely see her trying hard, I just don't see the growth other actors show over time much like Gina Tognioni has. When GT first started she was a breath of fresh air, had great energy and was great in fluff or funny scenes much like FF is but as the years progressed GT has become a very competent actress who has grown, FF has yet to do that for me.

• Members

I loved that they used his remixed theme. think they should do like Weeds used to do. Everytime they have a musical guest, they should remix the theme

OMG, Jack is TOO smart. Dani introduced herself as his big sister and he goes "bu you're like old? I overheard my parents talking about my dad and Tea having a daughter and I thought she'd be my little sister, like 8 or 9." Dani goes "well Im not" and he says "This makes NO sense" THANK YOU! Im glad someone finally said it

• Members

Well, I guess I grew up in an enviornment where it was never okay for a child to be rude and they didn't get away with acting grown, but I agree that OLTL is just in love with this idea of Jack being the bitchiest little kid around.

Archived