OLTL: Discussion for the week February 22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think FF had some moments that worked and some that didn't. But I think she's trying really hard.

Clint washed Kim's feet like the people used to do in the old days of the bible belt.

Todd's offer to Blair was gross but I'm surprised she walked away. Daniella seemed like Blair's daughter not Tea's today.

Schuyler needs you Rachel :(:(:(

• Members

Well she's had better days...she's not always this off... :rolleyes:

For crying out loud.

No.

In a scene that was supposed to be confrontational, emotionally charged and riveting, Farah Fath stunk. She shrieked her way through her lines, had spastic movement, and was practically begging Scott Clifton to throw her a life jacket. All of her especially dramatic material, since coming onto the show, have been bad. She only barely works in the most lighthearted, casual/banal scenes. When it comes to drama, she's completely overwhelmed.

• Members

tell me about. Someone needs to talk that girl down before becomes a grandfather again. I thought those scenes came way too soon at first but it made sense when she explained to Matthew that she wanted to have sex first with someone she cared about rather than letting someone force it out of her like Todd did. Today was about her taking control and power over a major decision in her life. Its sad bc if she thinks sex is the way to go about that, she needs to see a shrink and preferably not Marty

• Members

I hope they don't make her into a young slut. Did it bother anyone else that Todd was trying to have sex with Blair while his daughter was trying to have sex too?

About FF, I blame TSJ. Because of him I think I will give any actor who tries to make the effort to emote a pass. FF could have taken a page out of TSJ's book and acted like Schuyler was Rebecca.

• Members

I thought Scott Clifton did his best work on daytime today - that was really incredible and a testament to his potential and the potential of the character. As conflicted as I am about how Sky got the big ol' bus treads for Rex and Gigi, I can see why SC loves the role and the show, and prefers this 'Sky goes gray' stuff to what he was doing before. There's a lot of room for this character to grow, he's very complex and sort of pitiful in a way some of the old OLTL antiheroes were, so it's a horrible waste that DD is out when clearly Sky is poised to rebuild with Rachel by his side. It makes me wonder if Frons saw this stuff, stepped in and said 'hmm - why are we wasting Scott on the black girl?' It's happened before on ABCD with similar characters, usually minorities. Many times. Next up: Lucky Spencer and Maya Ward.

And I've said it before, but what a waste of Kim and Clint too. Whenever Jerry Ver Dorn says "Kimberly," I melt. That is too good to lose. Both these women who are exiting are some of the best new things on the show.

Incidentally, regarding the cut scenes, Daytime Confidential gave me the impression last year that ABC made most of those last-minute cuts, not OLTL - they said that many things that were taped or spoilered got cut at the last minute for more of the stories and/or characters the network preferred. This happened with Viki and Charlie, and Jared and Natalie, among other people at the time.

• Members

They're wonderful. From the moment the writers had Kim realize that Clint was no one's fool, I'd hoped the writers would make them a long term couple. He caught her in the lie about Jared, the attempt to get him drunk and in bed, the failed seduction attempts. Brilliant! I think Kim is wonderful - the improved version of a young Blair.

Archived