OLTL: Discussion for the week February 22

• Members

My prob is this is what RC always does--something on the show makes no real sense so he has a character make an in-joke about it, like that lets him off the hook...

I liked Snoop today--shockingly. Ford is just a smarmy creep--the fact he's OBSESSED with someone still in high school (when it's not like he's even a first year university student) makes it even more so.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They started doing that with the two Blairs years ago. That's why it doesn't bother me at this point.

I am [!@#$%^&*] livid about Daphnee Duplaix on a level untold, but I'm choosing to enjoy the story while it's there, and I enjoyed what they gave all those characters today. It's a hell of a lot than actors of color are getting on any other soap, which is a sad and shameful position, but there it is. It's also more than one character, which is nice.

• Members

Dani being older than Jack isn't an "RC-exclusive" thing. All soaps have done it. On Days, Brady is somehow older than Shawn. EJ was born in 97 but is older than Philip and Belle. Rapidly aging soap kids out of order is an occurrence on all soaps. The only solution is to accept it, because if viewers can't wrap their heads around SORASing, I hate to break it to them, but they won't last long in soap world.

And I totally agree about Ford. He's SO creepy, to the point where I think he'll be charged with stat rape. He's creepy. Hot, but insanely creepy. Potentially a pedophile.

Trevor St. John is great, he just plays a vile, pathetic character. And yep, he's better than Roger Howarth.

• Members

Agreed that TSJ, even when he seems bored, is better than Roger.

I know screwy SORASing isn't unique to RC and OLTL by any means--I meant the fact that RC made a joke about it. (to be fair usually it's done a bit more subtly than they did with Dani--it's not so clear in people's minds that the characters ages do not match up.)

• Members

Those characters have had their own story; the brother triangle just wasn't terribly compelling. Frankly I find the hospital business with Rachel keeping Sky's secret a much better vehicle for both Rachel and Greg. And while I wish the show wasn't doing the Jessica story, Tika Sumpter seems awfully excited about it.

Archived