OLTL: Discussion for the week February 15

• Members

AIden Turner (on AMC) springs to mind but he was finally fired (I guess he came on a few years before ME came to One Life) and at least he was pretty to look at and somewhat charming. ME really has brought the show down IMHO, and now that we have Fish as a cop figure, there's no need for him. (Why didn't he even bother to put out the fire Marty mentioned? I'm guessing this is how Stacey bites it, but haven't seen spoilers, so...) Seriously, at this point I'd rather see him go than Rex or Gigi even--he's just had too many chances to do anything interesting and failed. (Yet, I know that apparently him and Natalie still get tons of votes for fave couple in SOD--those polls always shock me).

I really enjoyed today's episode too--the Marty/Natalie/John scenes aside (yep, I didn't even mind Todd now that he didn't just have the same conversation with Tea). Sure Kelly pushing Adriana was kinda dumb but it kinda jibed with the old spontaneous Kelly I knew and missed (loved her finishing everyone else's champagne glass when they left).

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to admit, I hate when they rush a gay romance into a baby story--for me it kinda kills it (FIsh JUST came out and finally found love and happiness--does he need a baby right now already? That said, he has one and I can't see his character letting go of her at all--that wouldn't make any sense so I guess this is what we're getting).

My prob with a custody fight is Ron didn't do the best job IMHO with his gay marriage storyline--a part of me enjoyed that it was largely fairy tale in terms of realities (shouldn't all those gays be freakin mad that Dorian still hasn't officiated their marriages as promised?)--but it doesn't give me much faith for the potential in this storyline.

And I'm pretty sick of custody stories (and, unless we got some ridiculously homophobic judge, I can't see any reality in anyone frankly turning Fish down and giving the baby to anyone else. I guess Kim could feel guilty, want her, and use Clint's influence to get a cut throat lawyer, etc?)

• Members

I would take John over Rex because as much of a dud he can be sometimes, when the material is there, another actor can still do a good job. Melissa Archer and Susan Haskell have recently done strong work in scenes with him, even though he is just there.

With Rex, JPL and his awful facial expressions actively ruin anyone near him. He has to be the center of attention, he has to make sure everything reeks.

If they want to do a story where Fish loses custody, I can see them doing it (they were happy to have a judge Langston send back to a family where one or more people were suspects or convicted of killing a woman), I just think it would be a story mistake.

• Members

Just watched Monday's episode and loved it... so much of it was so well done. I've started liking Stacey better lately and am wondering how interesting it would be to watch Stacey, Kim, Fish and Kyle raising that baby together

I agree with so many of you -- Michael Easton is terrible. Beyond terrible. Susan Haskell deserves a better storyline and so does Melissa Archer.

• Members

That snow might as well be sand. Adrenaline is one thing, but JPL is fluffin' around in it with rolled up sleeves giving no sense of just how freezing it must be. A little sensory work would have made that scene even more intense. It was like sitting poolside watching someone drown in the hot tub.

• Members

The scene with Stacy toodling across the ice ignoring everyone's warnings - "what's wrong? what's the problem?" - and then crashing through straight down was so hilarious, like a Looney Tunes cartoon. And classic Stacy. I could watch it again and again, and in fact have. And now I will again.

Archived