OLTL: Discussion for the week February 15

• Members

Danielle: HOW CAN YOU SAY REX ISN'T A GOOD DAD!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE CANOE!!!!!

Rex: <<scrunches up face and makes fart smelling expression>> Wha? Wha canoe?

Roxy: I think she's talking about when you and Stacy were at it like rodents. Canoodling.

Rex: <<jaw drops>> That was Fish! I was drugged!!

Roxy: C'mon, the 60s are over. That don't fly no more. I should know I tried that yesterday when the lady at CVS told me they were out of Cosmokramer magazine and I smacked her.

Fish: What about me? What about my rights?

Danielle: YOU THINK BIOLOGY MAKES YOU A FATHER NO NO NO NO NO!!! NO!

Matthew: Danielle's right.

Destiny: Matthew's right.

Judge: Given that this young lady is so feisty, and reminds me so much of Todd Manning and Tea Delgado...Miss Delgago, you can stop crying now...I am giving full custody to Rex Balsom.

Todd: May I add something, your honor?

Judge: Go ahead.

Todd: Tea's a real hot piece.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ayone trying to keep Fish away from his Gubby will come out looking like a homophobe.

However i wonder is viewers will be as strongly on Fish getting his baby as they were Bianca getting hers?

Mctavish and company were shocked at how mad viwers got over Babe stealling Mimo.

Just wonder how the viwers will come down on this deal. Already she peeps saying Fish should share the Gubby with Giggley.

• Members

I don't think viewers are as invested in Fish as they were in Bianca. They may also be so tired of this story that they won't care. The AMC story, as offensive as some of it was, kicked up AMC's ratings. I can't say the same about this storyline and OLTL.

• Members

Yeah. While I personally love Kish and hope they get the child, I don't think most of the audience will be that invested in Fish getting the child either. SOC is a pretty Kish-friendly board I'd say, so when 36% already think Gigi should get it, I can see that number being way higher among those the general audience who don't hang out on soap boards. Going along with what you said, Bianca is the daughter of Erica Kane, Fish is someone with no family ties and until, the second half of 2009 didn't get that much airtime. Many more reasons for people to be invested in Bianca getting her child than with Fish.

• Members

Yes, her Kelly was quite different from the way she played Dinah on GL. I remember being shocked at how much she grew as an actress between her first OLTL stint and her stint as Dinah on GL. Maybe Dinah was a character that was written to her strengths better? It's strange, it feels like I'm watching Dinah, not Kelly, and Gina seems to still be taking the same approach, even with the little she's been given so far, that she took with Dinah. Nothing huge or jarring yet, just the way I felt as I was watching her scenes.

• Members

You can add me to that chorus. Her choices have always been a little... big. GT kind of plays drama the way Meryl Streep plays comedy. But yes, there is more of that Dinah bite to her delivery, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, she made a few faces today that *deep breath* reminded me a little of JPL. :mellow: Please don't go down that road GT, please.

Archived