Y&R Actress Returns

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's make a character few people care about and make him a legacy character so now they have to tolerate him. I know sorasing works in strange ways but, shouldn't Kyle and Abby be the same age?

Anyone want to make a bet on which primetime actor will be playing Kyle?

• Members

I think Kyle will fill that Abby/Noah age void. Which is why I'm hoping he's not Ryder.

I miss Keemo, and I think (even if they de-SORASed him if needed) they should fold him back in too. I also find it shameful -- just as the Abbotts turned their backs on stepdaughter Christine -- that Jack didn't feel any residual obligation to stay in touch with Luan's daughter.

Oh well, what am I saying. "Hero" Paul Williams feels no obligation to his daughter OR his son (but--like Jack--he pestered all his wives to get pregnant). These dudes want to make babies, but not raise them.

• Members

Clips are priceless, and show a marked difference from the Y&R of today. Nikki was so much different physically and emotionally, and Phyllis too. It does show Diane has been -- and could be -- a terrific catalyst.

Both actresses did fine/held their own in these conflicts.

It does show me that bringing Diane back would have much potential for pot stirring with Victor, Nikki, Newmans, Abbotts, Jack, Phyllis...and now also Patty and Paul (who still resents her for how she treated Andy).

I wonder why they are doing a brief return? Is it a chemistry test?

More importantly, though, the show should not add Diane unless they clean house. 15 characters need to be dropped from this show, and the canvas needs to be streamlined.

ETA: The fight breaker-uppers were different. Alex's fight was broken up by Marisa, who was Diane's assistant (and later the best friend of Paul's yes-boss Lynne Bassett). I forget who Marisa was related to (in real life) to get the job. (Lynn Bassett was Laura Birn, Jerry Birn's daughter).

Susan's fight was broken up by Chantal, Michael's secretary. I believe in real life Chantal had a massive car accident and a long slow recovery/rehabilitation.

• Members

I don't care so much whether he has a case because I'm tired of the mean mommy/deadbeat daddy intros for so many legacy characters. It's played out, especially since none of these stories ever have one bit of followthrough (Heather/Paul rarely interact, Phillip/Chance instabonded and Phillip left town, Billy only sees Jill when it's time to trash her, Victor's children can only badmouth him if they are demonized and ultimately beg forgiveness). I can already tell Jack is a big loser and a failure as a husband/father/brother/son/etc. without needing a new character to join the chorus. Add in the show's complete failure at casting or writing teens, and it's all a bad idea.

• Members

LMAO. Very true!

You're all right. The show doesn't really need any more characters -- legacy or otherwise.

Long-term, after housecleaning, I would totally welcome Kyle and Diane back. If we have to have Kyle, I'd really like him to be LIKE Noah. Even keel, sensible, above the fray of his parents. And if we have Diane, like many of you, I'd find Donnelly carried more long-term resonance. But if we're going to have that, the story should be suitable for her.

What is suitable?

Battling Nikki and Phyllis and Ashley. Pitting her 'Kyle' against Newmans and Abbotts. Jockeying for position.

• Members

I actually thought so (that was the name in my head), but I was too lazy to check.

I realize MAB is probably a bottle blonde...but with that last name, I always expected her to look Hispanic/Latino. She doesn't. Marissa had the dark coloring that would be more typical of someone who is Hispanic/Latino. So the difference in look made me totally not believe there was a connection.

maria_arena_bell_talks_y_r_emmys_and_more.jpgperso_178.jpg

Archived