AMC: Monday 2.1.2010

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if the Wildwind scenes were in HD or not as I was watching on a non-HD set. But I thought the lighting was so much better and I was pretty sure the film look was gone although I wasn't positive until others mentioned it here.

It's funny how they are going out of their way to explain changes to other sets (Annie re-doing the Chandler parlor, Tad having his house painted...) but from what I saw there was no attempt to explain the change in Wildwind, which is probably going to be the set that was most dramatically changed.

As for the show today, I was completely bored with it until those LA scenes showed up unexpectedly.

• Members

Tad and Jake are jokes. It reminds me of Maria running around town after Zach, while she was in halter tops with her big honking tits hanging out, telling Zach she only came over to him only to tell him to stay away from her. I don't feel sympathy for them one little bit. They bring each and every single "evil" thing David does to them on themselves.

• Members

The Wildwind scenes did appear to be in HD, but not yet at widescreen - which is probably just to stay consistent with the standard-definition scenes that are still airing.

And let me add my voice to the chorus: I am SO happy that it appears the "film look" reprocessing is gone. I always felt that it made the audience, visually, feel "disconnected" with what was happening on-screen. It was one of JHC's "innovative" ideas that I thought was just a big gimmick; a "look what I can do!" element that was not only unnecessary, but detrimental.

• Members

100% unnecessary and if she thought she was being "cutting edge" and that OLTL and GH would follow suit, I have to laugh and point at her. The show looked horrible for 3.5 straight years because of that mess. Give me back my soap look.

Looks like I'll be hopping back on the train to Pine Valley. It's been too long.

• Members

Here here. Me too. Its been a long 9 months.

The film look was awful, but it was only exacerbated by the stupid shakey cams we were subject too for the first 2 or 3 months of Julie's "experiment". They had to digitally process it, wouldn't that be more expensive than just SHOOTING IT on tape as they had for decades before? Never quite understood it.

• Members

For years, so many people have said that the lighting was poor on All My Children. But I always thought it was too dark on the other shows. :lol:

I remember years ago when I was still in school, flipping through the channels, I came across Y&R. I thought, "How could anyone watch this show? It's soooo dark." I even remember having to turn up the contrast on the TV set because I couldn't see.

And today, those Greenlee and David scenes were too dark for me. The footage was definitely crisper but Rebecca's hair was blending into the Wildwind sets.

I guess I'll have to see how the lighting is on the ConFusion set. :lol:

Archived