AMC: Monday 2.1.2010

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure people are letting their agreement be known as much as possible just in case the scenes in Wildwind were shot quickly as a stopgap (without the "film look" processing) or in case JHC gets any ideas about finding a new way to implement the effect for HD. People are trying to make it as clear as possible: "We all like the pure video look. We all hate the 'film' look - so please don't ever even THINK about doing it again."

• Members

The City used a film-like process on its tape, but I do remember reading that they used film inserts from time to time in the early weeks/months. Then again, this may have been the SOD writer's misunderstanding. I was watching a bit of The City today as a matter of fact, and filmic processes on tape aside, I think what really made the show pop and glow was the lighting and the colors and textures of the gorgeous sets. Let's see AMC L.A. give Erica a set like Sydney's penthouse, that set would have blown your mind in HD.

• Members

I had high hopes that Burke, when she moved from City to AMC would bring with her some of these innovations--(The City also did a good job with quick location inserts--maybe these were early on on film, etc?)--not totally of course, but a few. But no, we got nothing good from her run or new at all at AMC (the only positive I can say is the show still looked better than it does under JHC)

All My Shadows said:

"But again, maybe I'm just "seeing" FilmLook in it because I was so used to seeing it after so long."

I saw no FilmLook so I think you're just imagining things ;) Truth be told AMC's existing FilmLook process is a bit "lighter' or more subtle than what The City and especially the first few months of Sunset Beach used.

Archived