HBO: Game of Thrones

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was only a decade ago that Nathalie was still on Hollyoaks, playing what had become a truly sad character who was mostly there to be a slampiece for an older, white mob boss. I never thought she was that much of an actress, but she had real screen presence. I think she has grown as an actress, while maintaining her charisma and poise over the years. I hope she has a lot of good things ahead in her career.

• Members

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! The gifs have been everything this past week.

That said...I knew there would be something shocking at the end of this episode...still...NOT THAT. And the backlash from it has been wow. Especially given some of the talks around here about Y&R and the Winters.

I had told my co-worker there was no way that the dragons were making it out of this season alive...and there goes another one.

Please register in order to view this content

Still so abrupt. Thankfully not as shocking or traumatic as well Viserion fell for me. 

Ugh at Arya and Gendry. But then again...she still has her list to finish. Then...maybe.

And I see Varys and Tyrion are coming back into play.

While I don't think Dany is going all Mad Queen...I feel it's justified if she burns it all down given all she has lost over the last few...days? Snapping is understandable.

• Members

I think this was one of the best episodes of the series. Wow. I will have to rewatch.

First of all, Emilia Clarke's performance was PHENOMENAL. I am so annoyed at the posts I'm seeing claiming this was OOC and that the writing destroyed Dany etc. Ridiculous. This has been foreshadowed. 

I guess Varys' outmaneuvering couldn't save him this time. Loved how the dragon stepped out of the darkness.

The Hound's death and Cersei's death were incredibly poetic. 

In terms of special effects/production: Superb. 

And now one more war...

• Members

Now that Theon is gone and got a decent sendoff, all I really want to know now is whether Davos will have a decent finish (I have no idea if his wife and sons are still alive or not). The Dragonstone group, long gone Catelyn, seasons 1-4 Sansa (who apparently did not have meaning as she had not been raped) and Theon were always the heart of the show for me. I would like to see at least one of them end on good terms. 

• Members

Not happy with Twins as Lovers Shakespearean ending because they didn't deserve it, but the rest was incredible.

Dany did what bestie told her to do.  Light them mofos up!  

Twitter is unhappy but it made sense so I'm good

• Members

You build Cersei up to be this awful evil woman who has it coming and she gets a romantic death with her brother/lover? That was my only real let down. I’ve always loved Cersei but I wanted her to go out in a big way.

• Members

Yes!  Beheaded Messandei simply because she could.  Murdered anyone she felt was an enemy but she gets a sweet ending?  Wrong on so many levels.  

After all that Cersei has done, I didn't need the poetry of her leaving the earth with the person she was born with